baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I missed most of the 1998 tournament, so I was going on accepted opinion rather than memory. I'd discounted 2006 because France didn't win.

Oh yeah, answer to that question - Barcelona and Ajax,possibly the two club sides most synonymous with footballing beauty (albeit in different eras), have never met competitively.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
it's possibly true in itself:

But, having looked at it....that France team still had Henry, Makalele, Vieira, Thuram, Abidal, Gallas....it's still a damn good side with superstars everywhere, and not noticeably worse than 1998 in fact (Guivarch, anyone?). Doesn't compare with what Maradona did in 86, anyways.

Otoh, little doubt that Zidane is one of the best 5-10 players ever, and his performance vs Brazil was immaculate.

Last edited:

crackerjack

Interestingly, from Utd-supporting friends to Utd fans on phone-ins to his bff Harry Redknapp on MOTD last night, I'm yet to hear a single person who thinks SAF is right about this. Sadly that'll probably make him all the more determined to punish - and to be seen to punish - Ferdinand.

hucks

Your Message Here
Went to Carrow Road yesterday to see Norwich's best and Arsenal's worst performance of the season. Seems to me that if you stop Cazorla, you stop Arsenal. Ramsey hasn't got the nouse or the confidence to open teams up, so you have to force him to make the decisions.

Last season in the same fixture Arsenal won 2-1 but it was far easier than that suggests. RVP scored both, and Song ran the midfield alongside Arteta. Both of those have gone now. From the outside it looks like long term, year on year decline.

But for us, yay for finally getting our first win, and great to see Holt scoring regularly, after the summer's unpleasantness. Hoolahan was motm, tho, such a brave player, always wanting the ball. Cannot see how Trappatoni leaves him out of the Ireland side. He's one of the only genuine quality players they have.

Last edited:

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
thumbs_screen-shot-2012-11-01-at-10-23-18-am.png

ChelseaRacism-225x300.jpg

Yeah OK these are pretty funny

allegiant

Evenly Distributed
should've done one of those shameful roly-poly gunslinger celebrations, robbie, then they might've figured out who you were.