Burial "Untrue"

mos dan

fact music
i had a less-than-monster gamble when he was at 9/2. the odds have been floating around evens for weeks now though.

mms

sometimes
i don't think he'll get it to be honest, an anonymous music maker who sells recorded music on the strength that it's great and people identify with it?

Surely that's a bridge too far, esp in this day and age when radioheads methods of marketing their music and giving it away free are more important than the actual music, and labels spend huge marketing budgets and regulary jump into bed with product manufacturers outside the industry.
Burial's got the guile to sell music with no face, while everyone else is struggling with all the exposure they can get, he doesn't even play live, he's got no singers or anything.

who can honestly say they've listened to either album all the way through, hell, even part of the way through, this side of last Christmas? If ever there was a career built on a massive heap of hype, with a sprinkling of underground cred for the fanboys, it's Burial.

D

droid

Ive listened to both LPs quite a lot recently. was listening to the first one just the other day, and after not loving it so much when it came out Ive really warmed to untrue.

mos dan

fact music
lol! some of the grimetapes sets i re-name under the dj or crew name. some of them i keep with the radio station name.

also, that's not a fair representation cos i only have last fm hooked up to itunes, not my mp3 player or hifi (obvs) or any non-itunes software on my pc. lol at my own defensiveness..

Ory

warp drive
both albums are still amazing. Burial is probably my biggest musical influence in fact.

[/gush]

Logos

Ghosts of my life
who can honestly say they've listened to either album all the way through, hell, even part of the way through, this side of last Christmas? If ever there was a career built on a massive heap of hype, with a sprinkling of underground cred for the fanboys, it's Burial.

Pretty much once every month or so. Its peerless music.

Benny Bunter

Benn listening to untrue a lot recently to go to sleep to, which its perfect for (thats meant to be a compliment by the way).

hucks

Your Message Here
I quite like them. I like the fact they look like they've been around a bit, plus their songs are decent.

mms

sometimes
they're pretty old yeah. would much rather radiohead have won it if they were going to give it to an old band.

i dunno they're 'this generations pink floyd' according to simon armitage and i have to agree, it was overally a pretty lame year.
i don't understand why they have the token jazz and folk acts every year as well, it's quite a weird old set up.

Last edited:

elgato

I just dont know
i am in a slightly conflicted way quite happy about this

feel dark cos if he or hyperdub really wanted it then it is a shame (although i still dont really understand). it is a shame though that they wont see the extra funds which it would bring to allow them to pursue their obviously astounding artistic projects

i also feel precious and aloof to feel the way i do

but the awards are bullshit, the music doesn't need recognition from an establishment like that (im kind of disappointed that they appealed to an institution like that anyway), the underground surely doesn't need the kind of confusion that these things hail in, and i am happy (in maybe quite a naive or blinkered way) that all the wonderful things that he meant to so many people, which sit in direct opposition to awards and institutions like that, will remain at least partially ours

that ours bit i feel very uncomfortable about, but i definitely feel that way. its not about dubstep though. its about something shared. i dunno what im trying to say really

Last edited: