Burial "Untrue"

luka

i read an interview with him where he was very upfront, admirably so about his rhythmic ineptitiude. he said, i cant make 2step beats. i cant work out how its done, so i hide my flaws with crackle.

alex

Do not read this.
i think he's a very sincere, it definitely shows in his music. also the poster above got it spot on when they said it encapsulated a time in music history, definitely the first album preview anyway. (the preview's i would say are better than the actual tracks, as the way they are blended is sublime)

luka

i wouldnt dream of questioning his sincerity. no way. hes sincere as its possible to be. inept, but 100% sincere.

alex

Do not read this.
and that dem 2 version of club lonely is shit, i prefer the speed garage flip. (by groove connexion 2

luka

burial meant a lot to a lot of you people. ok fair enough. theres things that meant a lot to me. running home to catch cities of gold on tv.

alex

Do not read this.
seriously i do see, also im in work with no headphones, i'm sure that is that speed garage mix of that tune, it came out on locked on.

also dem 2 have done much better stuff

luka

i didnt want to choose a dem 2 'classic' cos then it would be seen as unfair. thats why i chose a minor classic.

luka

i know the speed garage one. its fine. that doesnt make the dem 2 shit. it doesnt make burial good.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
he couldnt' figure out 2-step beats - he actually said that? interesting. not that it's easy, but you can get the idea by chucking a loop into recycle or whatever, esp if you have musical talent which he obv does....

luka

martin clarke aka blackdown couldnt figure it out either. both are on record saying its a mystery.

luka

burial doesnt wring anything out of his vocals either like the top garage guys did. they just lay on the slab like dead fish in the market.