Dissensus Cassette Swap: Third Time Lucky

IdleRich

IdleRich
Progress Report

I have just being emailing my friend about this. I've arranged to go round his house and do it on Sunday in one seamless (one deck) mix. Got all my records packed in my bag so there ought to be nothing to stop me having it finished and posted on Sunday evening.

nochexxx

harco pronting
I have just being emailing my friend about this. I've arranged to go round his house and do it on Sunday in one seamless (one deck) mix. Got all my records packed in my bag so there ought to be nothing to stop me having it finished and posted on Sunday evening.

i hope you keep a copy for upload. just had the go ahead from chef to say that we can upload our tapes via the ferrite love connection blog.

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
i hope you keep a copy for upload. just had the go ahead from chef to say that we can upload our tapes via the ferrite love connection blog.
Yes indeed. It was always the intent of the review blog to include digital soundfiles of the tapes received and I would encourage anybody who has the facilities to upload mp3s of the tapes they are reviewing.

If we're going to try this, some guidelines are probably in order.

1. The onus is on the receiver to encode and upload the soundfiles, as I suspect most people (myself included) did not make a copy of their tape.
  2. In the event that the receiver post a review without soundfiles, the sender is well within his/her rights to append the review with download links.
  3. The soundfile should be 192kbps or higher for maximum sound quality.
  4. The structure (tracklist) of the tape/CD should be adhered to wherever possible. In general, this means there should be only two (2) soundfiles; one for Side A and One for Side B.

We should also try and use the same location for download/upload. In my experience, megaupload is slower than yousendit, but the file stays there longer. Can anybody recommend a better alternative? Is some kind soul willing to donate their own server space?

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
Am I one of the lucky ones with a delinquent partner? I haven't received anything (email or tape) yet.

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
As Gavin notes, there are still some people who haven't let me know where they are with their tapes/CDs. If you could please let me know what's up, I'd really appreciate it.

As always if I can help in any way, please let me know.

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
*bump*

Just a reminder to all participants to let me know when you receive your tape. ferriteloveconnectionatgmaildotcom

Happy New Year to all.

nochexxx

harco pronting
hmmm, aparently i had a tape sent to me ages ago, but still no joy my end......

i hope at least that my tape has reached it's recipent safely?!

IdleRich

IdleRich
"hmmm, aparently i had a tape sent to me ages ago, but still no joy my end......"
That's what I was told too.... hope mine's got through. Seems as though the PO has got together to really mess this up for everyone.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
How odd. Has anyone* received a tape? Maybe magnetic media comes in for excessively paranoid scrutiny in the mail these days or something.

*edit/x-post except Gavin