Dissensus Cassette Swap: Third Time Lucky

martin

----
That wasn't cologne that was a pint of stella.

I was shoved from behind....

Tell you what, if anyone's willing to help (John Eden might be but I don't want to overload him with cassettes) in ripping the tape to MP3, please let me know - I lack the technology but I think this tape deserves to be heard by a wider audience...

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Tell you what, if anyone's willing to help (John Eden might be but I don't want to overload him with cassettes) in ripping the tape to MP3, please let me know - I lack the technology but I think this tape deserves to be heard by a wider audience..."
Hmm, maybe it's not mine.

"cause my writting sucks"
Never stops me.

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
cause my writting sucks
I suspect it is the tape that sucks. I can say that 'cause it's mine. One of the downsides of organizing this fiasco is that one knows exactly to whom one is sending one's tape. To do it properly, I had to avoid reading dissensus posts and visiting myspace pages of the intended recipient. Only when the tape was in the mail did I allow myself to peak. :eek: It became apparent very quickly that it was unlikely for my selections to be well received.

So, fear not, ascoltare, I have been prepared for my lashes for months. ;)

nochexxx

harco pronting
I suspect it is the tape that sucks. I can say that 'cause it's mine. One of the downsides of organizing this fiasco is that one knows exactly to whom one is sending one's tape. To do it properly, I had to avoid reading dissensus posts and visiting myspace pages of the intended recipient. Only when the tape was in the mail did I allow myself to peak. :eek: It became apparent very quickly that it was unlikely for my selections to be well received.

So, fear not, ascoltare, I have been prepared for my lashes for months. ;)

aww mate i'm feeling guilty. i deserve the list of shame. i'll have another go at completing my review just to proove it wasn't all bad.

so idle rich, did you get my tape?

IdleRich

IdleRich
"so idle rich, did you get my tape?"
I got a tape - how do I know if it was yours? A review will definitely be forthcoming but I've only had a chance to listen to half of it thus far.

nochexxx

harco pronting
I got a tape - how do I know if it was yours? A review will definitely be forthcoming but I've only had a chance to listen to half of it thus far.

ummm sounds like you haven't received mine as it came adorned with 'ascoltare' print stamps on paper.

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
So why did someone else refuse to review Heroes and Villians' tape?
I'm not exactly sure. He seemed reluctant to post a review because of the lack of info on the tracks. Last communique I had was in February and that was a very terse can't-do-it sort of message.

mm yea I suppose I should have supplied a tracklist. The tape I received didn't really have one either and that actually made the whole process more fun for me. I was in a rush to get it in the mail and felt that a bit of extra mystery wouldn't hurt; plus my cover collage had art for every album/artist on there.

O well, I'll find a good place to host the Mp3s in a couple of days and e-mail you a link Chef with a tracklisting included.

Last edited:

nochexxx

harco pronting
Don't feel bad. If you're going to finish it, don't soften it in an attempt to spare feelings. I would much rather an honest appraisal. Anything else is disrespectful.

No, he did not. :cool:

ok i'll try to finish my review by the end of this week............:slanted:#

so i wonder who did get my tape and will there be a review?

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
Last Call...

The Third Round of the Dissensus Cassette Swap closes on May 3, 2008 at 12:00am GMT.

Despite a promising start with a record number of international participants, this round seems to have encountered a similar dearth of reviews as seen in the first round. What is the cause of this, I wonder? Crappy tapes? The hectic quality of modern life? General apathy? A mixture of all three, perhaps.

Regardless of the past, let's get to writing and bang out a few paragraphs to at least let the compiler know the high and low points of the tapes they sent.

Get your finger out and let's end this thing on a high note.

nochexxx

harco pronting
The Third Round of the Dissensus Cassette Swap closes on May 3, 2008 at 12:00am GMT.

Regardless of the past, let's get to writing and bang out a few paragraphs to at least let the compiler know the high and low points of the tapes they sent.

Get your finger out and let's end this thing on a high note.

you'll be please to know i have almost finished my review, just need to take some photos and work out how to use the blog. :eek:

I don't what good this is gonna do exactly but since my tape isn't going to get reviewed here are mp3s to both sides of my tape with a playlist. Even if you have no intention of reviewing any feedback here would at least make me feel a bit better about wasting hours upon hours making my tape and then my review and getting nothing back...

So here's my internationally flavored psychedelic soundtrack to the fucked up movie thats playing in my head at all times...

Side A
1. Unknown Sono Cairo Egyptian Folk
2. Ananda Shankar – Cyrus
3. Chico Buarque e Ennio Morricone – Lei No Lei Sta Ballando
4. Tom Jobim – Nuvems Douradas
5. Ennio Morricone – Memento
6. Edu Lobo – Libera Nos
7. Gal Costa – Objeto Sim, Objeto Nao
8. Zé Ramalho e Lula Cortes - Nas Paredes da Pedra Encantada, os Segredos Talhados por Sume
9. Chico Magnetic Band – Pop Orbite
10. Alphatauras – Croma
11. Ananda Shankar – Raghupati
12. Unknown Sono Cairo Egyptian Folk
13. Chico Buarque e Ennio Morricone – Funerale di Un Contadino
14. Edu Lobo – Na feira de Santarem
15. Eden Ahbez – Full Moon

Side B
1. Ennio Morricone – Estate E Fumo
2. Edda Del Orso - ma non troppo erotico
3. Marcos Valle – Garra
4. Brasa Brasil(Jean Pierre Massiera) – I Go to Bahia
5. Christine Pilzer – Dracula
6. Ennio Morricone – Valmonts Go-Go Pad (from Danger Diabolik s/t)
7. White Noise – Your Hidden Dreams
8. United States of America – Love Song for the Dead Che
9. Bernard Fevre – Savana Melody
10. Aksak Maboul – Saure Gurk
11. Braque – Jeanette
12. Justine and the Victorian Punks – Beautiful Dreamer
13. Hector Zazou - Et Quelque De Bonheur...
14. White Noise – Love Without Sound
15. Ennio Morricone – Money Orgy(from Danger Diabolik s/t)
16. Alice Coltrane – The Firebird

DannyL

Wild Horses
Reading these reviews has been one of the things I've liked most since I came across the board. So, from someone not involved with the project at all, get on with it, you slack bastards :)

Am going to DL yours now H&V. Feedback forthcoming.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Looks like great stuff H&V. I don't think I'm literally going to have any chance to get my review done by the deadline but I will do it and post it on this thread if the blog is closed. I'm just really really busy at the moment.