jackmaster

time, space, transmat
That Badman Riddim is so cheesy but it works amazingly well in the club.

Just did this mix.
http://dot-alt.blogspot.com/2009/07/jackmaster-in-mix-for-lower-end-spasm.html

Tracklist
1. Khixbrrr - Fairies Helixir Remix (Forthcoming Northern General)
2. Karizma - Twyst This
3. Blackhouse Project - Come Dancin'
4. George Morel - Let's Groove
5. L-vis 1990 - Run (Forthcoming Dress 2 Sweat)
6. 24 Hour Experience - Together
7. Maroy - Basement Dimensions
8. Hot City - Setting Me Free
9. Pearson Sound - Wad (Forthcoming Hessle Audio)
10. U CHEATED??????
11. Aardvarck - Nosestep
12. Todd Edwards - Open Your Eyes
13. Roska - Holograph
14. U.S.L. - Making Love
15. Dead Letter Drop
16. Zed Bias - Been Here Before
17. Manitoba - If Assholes Could Fly This Place Would Be A Fucking Airport
18. MJ Cole - Gotta Have It (MJ's Funky Dub)
19. Menta - Sound Of The Future (Edit)
20. Silkie & Mizz Beats - Purple Love
21. Joy Orbison - Hyph Mngo (Forthcoming Hot Flush)
22. Hyetal - Pixel Rainbow Sequence
23. Freeland - Do You (Joker Remix)
24. Joker & Ginz - Re-Up
25. Guido - You Do It Right
26. Gemmy - Word Perfect
27. Mark Pritchard & Om'mas Keith - Wind It Up (Forthcoming Hyperdub)
28. Aardvarck - ??///???/
29. Taz - Gold Tooth Grin (Forthcoming Glasgow)
30. Demo (not mine) needs mastered

Loving this mix Jackmaster, looking up a few of these tunes. Deadboy - u cheated?? Roska and Joy Orbison really stand out.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Listening to the Gee set from FWD now. Interesting him playing stuff like the Dubfire remix of Grindhouse, which would probably be something you'd never expect to hear at FWD a year or two ago. From reading a few forums here and there I gather that the techno purists/heads or whatever you want to call them view Dubfire in something like the same way DNB heads view Pendulum - i.e. soulless, functional, boring etc. (maybe not as cheesy as Pendulum).

No particular thought attached to this but it reminds me of reading about how hardcore incorporated tunes from all over the place, as long as they had the desired effect on the dancefloor.

Then again I suppose you wouldn't call this Gee set 'funky' really, aside from one or two tunes.

Again it interests/excites me to see people mixing things up.

That Gee set to me sounds a lot like a Zinc set. Although it touched on certain vibes occasionally the difference between this and the Night Slugs set is immense.

Someone needs to up that set actually.

**writes begging email in gmail**

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
'Crack House' eh?

I enjoy some of the stuff Sinden and that lot play but so much of it does my head in.

In fact I think I can put that into the 'prejudices' thread. It all makes me think of coked up shoreditch cunts in green sunglasses dancing 'ironically'. :confused:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Fucking cocaine man. I've noticed that a lot people's justified moans about things, especially related to the vibe in places, come back to high levels of coke use. If that sort of thing would get the fuck out of of clubs and club music then a lot of things would surely improve. Not likely to happen though, obv.
Sorry, that was totally OT. Rant over. ;)

Yeah fidget is definitely a coke sound, i liked Zinc's crack house mix though.. Dubsided and Freerange stuff from Switch, Trevor Loveys, jesse Rose from around 2005 is better though
bit more funk to it, it's like scrapbook house, loads of surprise and a bit of a comical factor, i still love thisissick even though it's almost cheap sounding. Sinden is playing here in a few weeks, ill probably go.

wise

bare BARE BONES
are polyfunk & roots the b side then?

Ironically it's track A2 I need the name of cos I just put it in a mix........