baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Amazing new Crazy Counsinz tune dropped on their rinse show today.

Got to love the glockenspiel work out.

Complete with tuneless bongo jam singing and shout-outs to Harry Hill. Excellent. The glockenspiel is mad - primary school music lessons vibe.

boomnoise

♫
Complete with tuneless bongo jam singing and shout-outs to Harry Hill. Excellent. The glockenspiel is mad - primary school music lessons vibe.

i have to confess to prompting the harry hill reaction

tuneless bongo jam versioning however, i can take no credit for :D

Badga Tek

Flushing MCs down the loo
Have I just missed them elsewhere, or is Kode9 fully commiting to the Funky and giving Uptown exclusive promos of bad / 2bad?
http://www.uptownrecords.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=56_60_81&products_id=3512
I could order it, but I'd order lil silva at the same time and then I'd probably get them both some time mid-2009. The pre-order epic delay is probably my number one issue with Uptown, really wish they'd sort it out.

What do you mean, Tom? What are Uptown like in general service-wise when ordering online? Planning on doing an order for some more funky.

BareBones

wheezy
if you order some in-stock tunes at the same time as some pre-order tunes, they only send it all to you once they get the pre-order stuff in - and in the case of the d malice 12", that took nigh on two months.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
i have to confess to prompting the harry hill reaction

tuneless bongo jam versioning however, i can take no credit for :D

And there was I thinking it was Crazy spontaneity ;)

Whichever, it was dead funny. More incongruous references on pirate radio please...

Badga Tek

Flushing MCs down the loo
if you order some in-stock tunes at the same time as some pre-order tunes, they only send it all to you once they get the pre-order stuff in - and in the case of the d malice 12", that took nigh on two months.

Ok seen. Cheers for the heads up

QueenofSheba

Keep It Funky!!

I heard this delay was due to an error made at the pressing plant. Apparently, when they got pressed there were tracks but 2 separate producers on each side. Resulting in the whole batch to require pressing again.

I thought all delayed orders had been given 10% of the next offer or something like that??? :slanted:

nomos

Administrator
is the next marcus nasty rinse show today or tomorrow? anyone know? i thought he was thursday but last week it was wednesday.

BareBones

wheezy
I heard this delay was due to an error made at the pressing plant. Apparently, when they got pressed there were tracks but 2 separate producers on each side. Resulting in the whole batch to require pressing again.

I thought all delayed orders had been given 10% of the next offer or something like that??? :slanted:

aye that's true, they offered me 10% off my next order. Fair enough if the delays were out of their control, but it was more the continual "we should have them in tomorrow!" falsities that annoyed me, if they'd just said "there's been a fuck-up with the pressing, there's likely to be a long delay" to begin with i wouldn't have minded so much. Anyway i don't bear a grudge or anything, seems like it was just a one-off unfortunate incident, them having to relocate probably slowed things down a bit too, and i got it in the end, and it's fucking sweet.

Last edited:

elgato

I just dont know

thats good to know, i hope that there aren't the same delays for these other pre-orders. i find the pre-order system annoying though regardless, i find that it kills my hype for tunes quite a lot

i have found Uptown to be gentlemen though, always enjoy my visits, which is much more than i can say for most other stores in soho

QueenofSheba

Keep It Funky!!
is the next marcus nasty rinse show today or tomorrow? anyone know? i thought he was thursday but last week it was wednesday.

Marcus's regular Rinse slot is Wednesday's 7-9pm GMT. He may do other cover shows throughout the week though :D

He also does another regular slot on Tuesdays on a internet station. I cant remember right now though :eek:

gumdrops

anyone know what this vocal tune with the hook 'still in love with me/you... me.../i dont give a fuck about she' is? quite like it.

gumdrops

yeah i recorded it but only on tape.

is this spyro now? im guessing skream isnt about? spyros playing some pretty cool stuff. sort of like grime but with funky rhythms.

gumdrops

d double? or dee the girl who did in the air? i really like her voice actually. not that distinct as such but nice to hear a slightly older sounding vocalist, and someone whos properly soulful. bit of a contrast to the rest of the others who all sound like teenage girls.