doom

Public Housing
does anyone else thing that roska's stuff is mastered well but far too LOUD?

I only have digital versions - wavs still, so I can't comment on the vinyl, but all of his stuff has that 'everything turned up to 10' sound & the waveforms look crazy, 'Gone To A Better Place' is just a thick black line - tho that tune is 'a little bit european'

It works well on the Bakongo stuff because those tunes have more space & the sub makes everything pump like dubbed cassettes!

mms

sometimes
uptown seems to have sorted its shit out and moved into wyldpitch, bought the new lil silva in there today.

faustus

also all funky radio interviews are pretty much the same

edit: actually i take that back. ice cream?

Last edited:

Ach!

Turd on the Run
I like Messed, and the Appletec stuff is really good. A friend who I've known since primary school knows Apple, but I haven't seen him for a while - found out through Facebook.

Really wish I'd bought the original Mr.Bean 12" as I don't think it's available anymore.

boomnoise

♫
then you missed the ironic revelation that despite being called Apple he doesn't actually like apples. but he is partial to a drop of scrumpy.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
It wasn't really that revelatory.

I've wanted to know what this track is for a long time. It was on the legendary Marcus Nasty 1Xtra set from the summer. The LFO-like one. It's credited as Scotty D - Liberty. I messaged him on his myspace as to it's release, but no reply as of yet.

nochexxx

harco pronting
i've never really understood why vinyl sales are so poor, when so many releases
are gone in a blink. i find myself panic buying all the time.

i've never really understood why vinyl sales are so poor, when so many releases
are gone in a blink. i find myself panic buying all the time.

on this topic, riddim box was sold out in uptown by saturday afternoon and it only showed up on the site what, thursday?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Oh my days. Went completely randomly to the Beach Bar in Brixton last night (Atlantic Road), after he\ring the music while passing on the street, and it was fucking unbelievable US house and UK funky. Great space sonically-speaking (bass bouncing off the walls), barely any people there til around 4am (good if you want to get a seat and listen to the best music I've heard in months), and fantastic record after fantastic record.

I was VERY drunk (which doesn't impinge upon my senss of the quality music), and went up at the end (6am? not sure) to ask the DJ what the last (sick) tune was. He tried to explain to the bouncer that I was just an interested customer, and then explained it was a dubplate with Creed(?).

Still not sure if it was Marcus Nasty or not.

"We are the Night" got mixed in at one point, which is the point at which the seratonin staretd to explode in my head.....