elgato

I just dont know
i think its not coming out because its basically him singing over the top of "we belong to the night" , a tribaly technoy tune that has nothing to do with funky.

i would be surprised if he'd have trouble persuading Suges to let him put it out with a cut though, given the kind of sales he could expect

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
i think its not coming out because its basically him singing over the top of "we belong to the night" , a tribaly technoy tune that has nothing to do with funky.

big tune tho.

on that basis could anyone pm us the track?? would be great to play it out.

cheers!

oh, heard this on saturday night in that case - thought it was just mixing in another record over the 'WBTTN' drums, but this is a record in itself? Ok.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I've fallen behind, any recent sets containing the tunes people have been talking about over the last few pages?

Been listening to Marcus/Mak 10 on Rinse quite a lot - the Done'o tune that Marcus compares to Broken Beat is BIG.

lazybones

f, d , d+f , p.
yep yep know its big in funky , its also on the geeneus volumes mix cd

should have said it was not conceived as a funky tune.

pretty jokes really, in a totally different context i could imagine a load of ket heads with dreads swaying moronically to it.

mms

sometimes
is it that suges track ' we belong to the night' deep house tune?
that doesn't suprise it's been coopted into funky, its pretty similar deep house vibes with rattly drums.

elgato

I just dont know
I went to Uptown today and they said they haven't had the TP's back yet. Its going to be a tenner for a copy though.

ten pounds... dumb money for a fresh 12

192 seems to be the only one going for the Donae'o unfortunately

Last edited:

Simon78

ten pounds... dumb money for a fresh 12

192 seems to be the only one going for the Donae'o

Yeah, its only the TP's that will cost that much. I suppose they know mugs like me will pay it.

Mind you a lot of these Funky tunes are £7.99 which is a rip off I think, especially if there is only one tune I want.

elgato

I just dont know
Yeah, its only the TP's that will cost that much. I suppose they know mugs like me will pay it.

Mind you a lot of these Funky tunes are £7.99 which is a rip off I think, especially if there is only one tune I want.

ah ok thats a bit less shocking, i thought you meant the full release was gonna be 10!

but yeh even 8 quid is a bump

such is life lol

Last edited:

hint

party record with a siren
Yeah - RedEye, Chemical, Juno... all getting the Funky stuff between them and selling the vinyl at more reasonable prices. You just have to wait a week or two.

nochexxx

harco pronting
it's amazing how many proprietors yet to have a dedicated funky section! hopefully we will see some changes asap.

Ory

warp drive
re: RedEye

DJ Naughty : My Rules EP : Spoilt Rotten Entertainment, SR 018 £4.79 (5.51 inc vat)
Mr Mathz : Iap / Middle man / Preachers daughter : Urban Ridims, URBAN 001 £4.50 (5.18 inc vat)
N.B. FUNKY : RIDDIM BOX / NUTZ / NUTZ: ITS FUNKY : FUNKY 001 £5.00 (5.75 inc vat)
DARKUS BEAT COMPANY : PROMISES (ROSKA REMIX) / (DS1 REMIX) : URBAN RIDDIMS, URBAN 002 £5.00 (5.75 inc vat)
Roska : Elevated levels EP feat. Gone to a better place / Elevated level / Our father : MR 004 £5.10 (5.87 inc vat)
Lil' Silva : Seasons / Funky Flex : White, LILSILVA £5.44 (6.26 inc vat)
DELINQUENT feat. KCAT : I GOT U : SPOILT ROTTEN ENTERTAINMENT, SR021 £4.50 (5.18 inc vat)
Blaine : Mutant funk / You will Never - Afrodiziaks records, AFRO 006 £5.00 (5.75 inc vat)
Blaine : What Would We Do / Take Off - BLAINE 001 £5.00 (5.75 inc vat)
Fuzzy Logik - Bangerz N Mash EP : What Goes Around / Funky Roller / Leader / Twiss - LTD Red Vinyl - HP 01 £5.00 (5.75 inc vat)
PALEFACE feat. KYLA : DO YOU MIND LD REMIX / CRAZY COUSINS REMIX : NORTHERN LINE, NLR 016 £4.50 (5.18 inc vat)
Wookie ft. NY : Falling again / Gallium (Restructure) : Lovestar, LSM 003 £5.10 (5.87 inc vat)
Perempay & Dee : Bus it : FB 001 £5.44 (6.26 inc vat)
Geeneus - Volumes 1 - Various artists : A1) Yellowtail B1) In To The Future C1) As I (feat. Katy B) D1) Benga & Coki: Night (Geeneus Remix) : Rinse, RINSELP 009 £7.30 (8.40 inc vat)

I think that's all :p

hint

party record with a siren
it's amazing how many proprietors yet to have a dedicated funky section! hopefully we will see some changes asap.

Things would get messy very quickly if this happened every time a new style of House started to get talked about. Best to just jump in and explore some more.

nochexxx

harco pronting
Things would get messy very quickly if this happened every time a new style of House started to get talked about. Best to just jump in and explore some more.

i take your point and i can see the benefits of keeping things underground, however i do think rec shops are late in showing initiative. shifting records is a good thing afterall.