4linehaiku

Repetitive
The growing amount of released funky seems to be leading to a lot of house/techno -> funky -> 2step -> dubstep type DJ sets, which is nothing but good news in my book.
I know for a fact that every single mix I'm doing at the moment goes something like that. Most of Ben UFO's recent radio shows are another (probably better) example.
Obviously this sort of thing has always been perfectly doable, but the combination of sped up funky and slightly pitched down 2step covers that slightly awkward BPM gap so perfectly, it would be rude not to do it :D

Quite surprised I'm back to looking to buy CDs, but there you go, when's the Lil Silva one supposed to be out? And the Cooly G one getting repressed (or reburnt...)? Need to get more on the ball with this stuff.

The growing amount of released funky seems to be leading to a lot of house/techno -> funky -> 2step -> dubstep type DJ sets, which is nothing but good news in my book.

Too right! there seems to be lots of people about who are into hearing all tempos of music out too, taking in hip-hop, disco, house, garage, dubstep, jungle all in one night is amazing, but difficult to keep an interesting flow.

could you link me to some of your mixes?

4linehaiku

Repetitive
Not got any proper mixes recorded during this brave new world, but my Sub FM show is all this sort of thing. The latest one is here: http://dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=921975#921975
The first hour or so is totally incoherent hip-hop selections and basically no mixing or even flow to be honest (the chat room made me do it!), but the second half is exactly what I'm talking about, though just to be contrary it goes 2step -> funky -> dubstep. Normally I'd play less Hip-Hop and some more house/techno.

Ben's last show (available here: http://dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=68937 ), is a better example. In fact it's a suspiciously perfect example.

Nice one, tracklists look sweet. I love the new Harmonic 313 stuff, ordered the new EP from warpmart but it's not here yet, gonna email them now actually.

boomnoise

♫
just got back from a funky night with djs cooly g, flex and ng. was pretty great, i'll be honest.

wasn't as much dancing as i'd expected but there was a whole host of fresh tunes i hadn't heard before alongside the classics.

there was a lot of sound issues with cds / serato / mastering etc but no one seemed to mind at all. even if the highs were pushin a little too hard.

cooly g smacked it tho - played a tough selection which had excellent pace.

overall the mixing wasn't amazing but again, no one minded - including me.

tune to watch out for is called basstwist - didn't quite catch who's responsible for it but it's a mash up of two other tunes (i couldn't quite place either despite feeling a certain familiarity) and it's quite simply the most mental thing funky has produced to date.

Simon78

There is 1 copy of the Cooly G cd at Blackmarket if anyone is after it? I was having a chat to the guy there and they should get some more in. The Lil Silva cd will be in this week along with a few others.

Both Blackmarket & Uptown have got Buss It in. Just played my copy and it seems to jump at the drop, there is no scratch so it must be a pressing thing. It plays ok with a penny on the cartridge though, anyone else have that? maybe its my needles.

Uptown have got Feeline VIP in and BM have Feeline if you missed out on them.

Both Blackmarket & Uptown have got Buss It in. Just played my copy and it seems to jump at the drop, there is no scratch so it must be a pressing thing. It plays ok with a penny on the cartridge though, anyone else have that? maybe its my needles.

Doesn't happen on mine.

Ory

warp drive
check if there's any dirt on your needle, that's what made some of my records skip. you might need a magnifying glass.

wise

bare BARE BONES
"Too right! there seems to be lots of people about who are into hearing all tempos of music out too, taking in hip-hop, disco, house, garage, dubstep, jungle all in one night is amazing, but difficult to keep an interesting flow."

sorry not sure how to do a proper quote

See if you like the flow of this one, covers quite a few bases:

<a href="http://files.filefront.com/WISE+Indiansummermix192mp3/;12269651;/fileinfo.html">DOWNLOAD HERE</A>

Tracklist

Isolee - Beau Mot Plage
DJ NG feat. Katy B & MC Versatile - Tell Me
Hard House Banton - Siren
Fuzzy Logic - What Goes Around
Hard House Banton - The Music
Roska - Feline VIP
Mujava - Township Funk
Antonio - Bad Funk (Dem 2 Breakbeat mix)
Nicolette - Udi Egwu
DJ Double G - Get Loose
Qualifide - Ruff & Tuff (El-B Ruff & Tuff remix)
Donaeo - African Warrior (instrumental)
Zinc - Kinda Funky (Wookie rmx)
El-b feat. Rolla MC - Serious (Zed Bias rmx)
Double S - Soft Like Tits
Rustie - Execute
Nu Brand Flex - Shag Anybody
Gemmy - Bass Transmitter
Frisco - Raising Levels
Buraka Som Sistema - Kurum
Chase & Status - Eastern Jam
Cotti vs Mr Party feat. Jammer - Dem Fi Know
RSD - Speekabox --- Sizzla - Just One of Those Days
Silverlink & Jammer feat. Badness - The Message Is Love
Madlib - Early Party
Tek 9 - A London Sumtin' (rmx)
Skepta - In A Corner
Safari Sounds - The Change
Doc Scott - Last Action Hero ---- Singing Sweet - When I See You Smile
Doc Scott - Street Knowledge (The Lost Track)