gumdrops

Urgh - just listened to the Marcus set with Majestic from a couple of weeks ago (nice to hear Majestic back on radio btw) and it has plenty of these kind of tunes dotted through it. I think my main problem with this stuff is that even on its own terms its not very exciting - i.e. if you want to be a house dj now, then at least play better house music please.

i find this weird just cos marcus used to dis other djs for playing stuff that wasnt uk funky. not that i think hes playing bad stuff, he isnt, but its just not te raw/hard brand of 'uk funky' he seemed to be supporting so much.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
^Tbh mate it's prob not as bad as I'm making out. All of his shows that I've heard over the last month have had some good new music on them along with the stuff that's not really my cup of tea. He has most of them uploaded on his Soundcloud pages so it's easy to flick through and see what you think.

Tim F

the replacements a good one, piano storm

Excellent! The last of the great early 2009 Funkystepz bangers (aside from the best one of all, "Lovers", but I think they're giving that a separate release a la "For You").

Maybe "Bounce" got pulled because "For You" has been licensed? (he says optimistically)

Webstarr

yeah, Roska was a bit disappointing when I saw him at Bloc. Was playing quite a bit of zinc stuff which i don't particularly like.

Sunday Roast has some good tunes but there are quite a few bland ones

BareBones

wheezy
dunno if anyone's mentioned it yet but the new lil silva stuff is brilliant. dunno what label this is coming out on but this tune is fucking hard, love how minimal it is.

alex

Do not read this.
yea i believe he is releasing that on his own imprint, love the industrial 808 style...oh and that ride, really just chugs the power along, fucking love it, screwface on full

Ory

warp drive
his best beat yet imo, and kind of where i hoped (part of) funky would go when i got into it in 08. >>>>>>>

in b4 finney or someone calls me out on imposing dnb/dubstep darkness values on funky

Last edited:

Ory

warp drive
where/when can i get these tunes?

Screama ft Phe Phe - Nobody
Scottie B ft Jae Elle - Feel Nice, Feel Right

also, can't believe i hadn't realised how amazing this tune is before

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qWCh6RdUWDI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

free download here