what you currently enjoying ?

continuum

smugpolice
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Leo

the truly astonishing Legendary Shackshakers (Jello Biafra reckons they're the greatest live act in the world), now touting themselves as "agridustrial", which is spot on. Now featuring added Duane "jesus lizard" dennison

saw them at the mercury lounge in nyc about 5 years ago, it was wild fun bordering on scary cuz the singer seemed to genuinely whip himself into an uncontrollable frenzy.

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
yeh, he's astonishing "in the moment". He's a real colonel too (some Kentucky honorary title). Apparently he didn't - and still doesn't - really get punk or noise, preferring country and gospel and blues and the like (and polkas!), but he likes the energy and the band kinda deal with that side of things :D

continuum

smugpolice
does anyone know who produced this?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

continuum

smugpolice

continuum

smugpolice

continuum

smugpolice
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
Lamarr's anniversary show on Friday reminded me how great this is:

and sent me tracking down more, including some Sun Ra covers...

also, Misty's Big Adventure because the election is depressing me.

Leo

just pick up flylo "cosmogramma", listening to it for the first time now...holy christ, all over the place, a million different ideas crammed into 17 tracks. not an easy listen, not a lot of groove going on, but pretty interesting.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I cannot stop listening to this hopelessly naive piece of Californian popsike goodness. It's like a dream of sunshine.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents

yep. that is the shit right there. someone needs to do a good re-edit of this... maybe i'll have a go one of these days.

need more egypt psych funk in my life...

but this is what i SOON WILL BE enjoying, you can bet your left pinky: http://voodoofunk.blogspot.com/2000/02/lagos-disco-inferno-press-release.html

blogcover.jpg

Last edited:
I cannot stop listening to this hopelessly naive piece of Californian popsike goodness. It's like a dream of sunshine.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

very good

continuum

smugpolice
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

zhao

there are no accidents