Beards - are they evil?

Beard or not?

• Yes I am a proud beardy, hear me roar!

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • I am a former beardy, but no longer

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • I will not countenance growing a beard!

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • I am not able to grow a beard

Votes: 13 28.9%

• Total voters

4linehaiku

Repetitive
Hold tight Dizzee's bumfluff. Now that's a beard. (Has he still got it? I may be behind the times. I can't even find a picture of it now, hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about.)

I am currently rocking a ginger, slightly patchy, early twenties youth semi beard. That may actually tick every negative box so far raised in this thread, but you don't actually have to look at my face so hopefully you'll get over it.

Lichen

All these beards that 20-30 year olds wear in London are slightly ironic, aren't they (or they're worn with a degree of irony)?

I don't see the literal and notional depth of beard that you saw on 70's men.

Sometimes I'm the only person in a room or a shop without a beard.

"Yes, they're evil on anyone under 50 who doesn't live in the Ozark mountains."

I don't know where the Ozark mountains are, but I agree.

jambo

slip inside my schlafsack
Shaving is boring and it is bad for teh skin, plus when you do shave off a beard you get to look at least 5 years younger instantly. So arguably it's better to wear 'em young and get rid of it later on to everyone's shock and admiration.

It does sometimes seem that every fucker under 30 has one though.

jenks

thread death
I think The Yorkshire Ripper probably did for beards. Any kind of resurgence is very much a by people who can hardly grow the things in the first place.

I've always liked the sideburns but the few times I ahve grown a beard my wife has been so vitriolic in her abuse that i have relented and reachd for the razor

D

droid

Thanks Rich. As I explained to my lovely wife - she had her baby, I had my beard baby.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
BabyBeard.jpg

Client Eastwood

What I dont understand call me old or whatever. The fluffy/scruffy beard, shirt open, clean (possibly even waxed) chest combo.

What is that all about ?

zhao

there are no accidents
GF does not like my goatee, says it's too cheesy or something, and i'd be much better without. what do you think?

john eden

male pale and stale
We need visual evidence.

I grew a beard by mistake whilst camping for 10 days just recently. Gone now.