gumdrops

anyone know what the sample used in love you is? its been bugging me for ages (the one that goes yes i do yes i do yes i do).

dave quam

That whistle track is Blow Your Shit by Traxman, and it is the shit. I play it every time I DJ. Watch out for it's release, hopefully soon.

I could try and make up a tracklist, let me jam it again today.

BareBones

wheezy
That whistle track is Blow Your Shit by Traxman, and it is the shit. I play it every time I DJ. Watch out for it's release, hopefully soon.

I could try and make up a tracklist, let me jam it again today.

thanks! yeah it's a total banger. i'm a sucker for whistles in tunes.
if you could try and do a tracklist that'd be bloody brilliant :)

gumdrops

where are rashad and/or spinn playing next in london? i know theyre doing the mu night at corsica but is that the only other date?

dave quam

I just skimmed through it really quickly and here is what I got for a tracklist:

DJ Spinn - Fuck RIch
???
Rp Boo - Party Time
DJ Spinn - Kush Pak Loud
DJ Spinn - My Mind
DJ Rashad - Lay It Down
DJ Rashad - Animation
????
DJ Rashad - What Cha Smoking
RP Boo - Baby Come On (Rashad Remix)
DJ Rashad and Boylan - Look to the Sky
Traxman - Blow Your Shit
DJ Spinn - Man Enough
DJ Rashad - Hoes In Bussin
DJ Rashad - 121789 (or whatever the numbers are)
Dj Rashad - Bussa Goin Wild
DJ Rashad - Fresh Paint
????
DJ Rashad - Reverb
DJ Rashad & Boylan - Look to the Sky
DJ Manny - Down
DJ Rashad - ????
DJ Spinn - Nu Shit
DJ Rashad - Biters
????
Addison Groove - Footcrab (rashad & spinn remix)
RP Boo - Telephone (remix?)
???
DJ Rashad - Something
???? - Hit it from the back
????
????
DJ Manny - Flame Up
????
????
????
????
DJ Manny - Set it off
DJ Rashad and Lucy - Love U
DJ Rashad - Ghost
DJ Rashad - Just Don't Know
DJ Rashad - ????
DJ Rashad - Hoes Is Bussin
DJ Manny - Gettin our drink on
DJ Rashad - ????
DJ Rashad - The Letter S
DJ Spinn - Niggas actin like a bitch
????
DJ Rashad - Still Horny
DJ Rashad - ????
DJ Rashad - We break it down
DJ Rashad - Shakedown
DJ Rashad - Nite Love
????
DJ Rashad - Drop Out Juke
????
DJ Rashad - I'm Gone
????
DJ Rashad - Down On the Floor
DJ Rashad - Grace

Obviously a lot of holes, and a few of those could/probably are wrong. I'll try to fill the gaps later, or maybe Neema and/or Aziza could help me out. I always forget the names of the acidy ones.

alex

Do not read this.
love the way he played all the way into the ad break aswell, like the next DJ literally had to put the Ad's on to make him stop...relentless

can remember somebody tweeting 'RASHAD PUNCHIN THRU WALLZ RITE NOW ON RINSE.FM', damn straight.

gumdrops

rinse need to get dj spinn on next month

only other dj on rinse that i can think of (off the top of my head) who does mammoth, well thought out sets like that is oneman

dave quam

now that is funny, a regular juke show on Chicago radio!? haha!

No but really, the radio in Chicago fucking sucks for the most part. Also you have to understand, juke isn't like the main local music here, other forms of house music are way more popular, just like they are everywhere else. The scene of people who make and dance to this stuff really isn't very big, though some tracks such as Clents "Bounce" and Chip & Thadz "Bang Ski" were HUGE hits in the city when they came out. And I'm not talking just in the hood, I'm talking frat boys jammin that shit. I get pretty psyched when I hear a car drive by blasting juke out the window, but it doesn't happen as often as you think.

That said, occasionally late night you will hear some hip-hop juke remixes, and Rashad has been pushing local radio DJs to play his stuff more, which is exciting. Back in the day you would hear this stuff on the radio more often, but that isn't so much the case anymore. DJ Clent is a regular DJ on a hip-hop station, mostly just playing that, and DJ Nephets has the 7 O'Clock juke hour on a hip-hop station as well, which literally is just 2 juke tracks at 7 O'Clock, not an hour.

gumdrops

id really love to hear all the juke mixes of hip hop hits like rock ross or whoever. i like that stuff.

the way juke is viewed/listened to in chicago sounds a lot like grime in london (but a few years back and without the pirate radio support).

dave quam

The key to that though is "without the support of pirate radio" :) man I wish we had that here in the states.

I love the rap remixes too, I've heard Rashad's remix of Travis Porter - Make it Rain on the radio a few times lately. That one is so good in the club too