Michael

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jun/26/michael-jackson-face

this is some of the most pretentious guff i have ever read in my whole life.

Oh I dunno, I liked

"It was as though what he always craved was to embody a single-member species of hyper-whiteness, hyper-Waspness, hyper-Aryanism, one that would be as "superior" to the white race as, in the codified racist hierarchy, the white race itself is claimed to be to the black."

It's been nice to see that in death, he's finally become black again, and in becoming black again, people have started talking about the notion of trans-race, of which he'll be seen a pioneer.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Over the last decade or so it became quite common for his appearance to be likened to that of a Manga character.

mms

sometimes
Oh I dunno, I liked

"It was as though what he always craved was to embody a single-member species of hyper-whiteness, hyper-Waspness, hyper-Aryanism, one that would be as "superior" to the white race as, in the codified racist hierarchy, the white race itself is claimed to be to the black."

It's been nice to see that in death, he's finally become black again, and in becoming black again, people have started talking about the notion of trans-race, of which he'll be seen a pioneer.

didn't Baudrillard have something to say about that, i can't remember what book it was but he talked about michael as transracial and transgender as the ultimate modern capitalist icon or something of the sort.
also in this book called 'apocalypse culture' there is a chapter dedicated to the idea that michael jackson could be the false messiah :)

STN

sou'wester
didn't Baudrillard have something to say about that, i can't remember what book it was but he talked about michael as transracial and transgender as the ultimate modern capitalist icon or something of the sort.
also in this book called 'apocalypse culture' there is a chapter dedicated to the idea that michael jackson could be the false messiah :)

I think it was The Transparency of Evil...

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound

It's the Adam Parfrey essay, I'll have to try and find that again somewhere you know, I think it probably had more of an effect on me than I'd care to dwell upon.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
He was an artist, similar to one that paints pictures...

Aidan, Chesterfield

is with a heavy heart i have to write this, micheal Jackson is a creator,musik maker, philantropist etc, i woke up that very morning like every one else to hear that urgly news ever since i can´t still stop crying, HE MADE IT TO THAT LENGHT AND ALMOST BROKE IT ALL . micheal is living us but hit work´s and legacy will live in us all from generation to generation , ADIUE PAPA.

nantex, stuttgart

I really liked his music but since this business with child abuse it has put me off him

Muppet, London

mms

sometimes
It's the Adam Parfrey essay, I'll have to try and find that again somewhere you know, I think it probably had more of an effect on me than I'd care to dwell upon.

yeah thats right apocalypse culture the first book, those two books are off key.

tyranny

Controversial Body Worlds creator Gunther von Hagens plans to preserve the late Michael Jackson’s body in a dancing pose for display using his plastination process, a spokesperson told The Local on Monday.

Shortly after the legendary pop entertainer was pronounced dead in Los Angeles, von Hagens released a statement revealing his personal assistant had been contacted by an anonymous member of Jackson’s management team about plastination some six months ago.

“During the phone conversation we were told about Michael Jackson’s interest to become plastinated after his death,” the statement said, adding Body Worlds did not confirm the King of Pop’s interest because the caller wished to remain anonymous and the body donation form is available online.

The validity of the call “is soon to be seen,” the statement added.

On Monday, Institute for Plastination press spokesperson Christiane Casott told The Local the organisation is still awaiting confirmation the King of Pop wanted to become plastic.

Von Hagens promised the late 50-year-old’s family that his body would be preserved through plastination for “a didactic eternity,” and would be conducted free of charge.

“The pose would be a dancing one, to be determined by the family in detail,” he added.

The provocative 64-year-old, known as “Dr. Death” in Germany, is infamous for transforming the bodies of people and animals into exhibition pieces for his Body Worlds exhibitions. He recently caused a stir this May in Berlin where his show, “The Cycle of Life" featured dissected corpses having sex

http://www.thelocal.de/society/20090629-20267.html

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I hope the "dancing pose" will be one from this video:

jackson_thriller.jpg

mms

sometimes
this is good - dj premier tribute mix to michael jackson

http://www.zshare.net/download/61934373dba0571d/

it's so weird, its dawned on me over the last few days how ordinary michaels name is, compare that to prince, madonna, biblical and aristocratic, the other two 80's stars then you got michael jackson the most ordinary hum drum name possible, it's never felt that ordinary really.

gumdrops

i stopped listening to the primo mix when he was cursing/burping all over it. there was a great cover ne-yo did of lady in my life at the bet awards that was on bet but its been taken down now.

polystyle

Jacko isn't going to be cremated, he's going to be turned into Asda plastic bags. That way, he can continue to be white, plastic, and dangerous to children.

Well, if Michael gets 'Plastcized' into a dance pose- that's getting pretty close to Vim's wish.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Los Angeles police have now been round to Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch this afternoon. It is being reported that they found Class A drugs in his kitchen, Class B drugs in his bathroom and Class 4C in his bedroom.

mms

sometimes
i stopped listening to the primo mix when he was cursing/burping all over it. there was a great cover ne-yo did of lady in my life at the bet awards that was on bet but its been taken down now.

well that was before it started so that was pretty silly, you shoulda written in to the radio station, 'disgusted of london' :)