It's The Ashes!

crackerjack

broad, swann and now even harmison are just making it worse. how can the rest make it look so hard when the aus bowling (hi;fenhaus excepted) is so abject?

don_quixote

Trent End
argh, i'm so confused by this media frenzy.

i would stick with the same batsmen. fuck everyone else.

for reasons explained before; rob key is a no-go. if you invite tresco back remember you might have a complete mental breakdown on your conscience. if you invite ramprakash back you have to understand if he fails it's because he's still making all his runs in the second division. jon trott is the only choice which is remotely feasible.

what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. the pain bopara is feeling now will be reaped upon australia in the future. not sure i can say the same about bell. pretty sure there won't be any collingwood in the england team the next time australia hit these shores.

crackerjack

argh, i'm so confused by this media frenzy.

i would stick with the same batsmen. fuck everyone else.

for reasons explained before; rob key is a no-go. if you invite tresco back remember you might have a complete mental breakdown on your conscience. if you invite ramprakash back you have to understand if he fails it's because he's still making all his runs in the second division. jon trott is the only choice which is remotely feasible.

what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. the pain bopara is feeling now will be reaped upon australia in the future. not sure i can say the same about bell. pretty sure there won't be any collingwood in the england team the next time australia hit these shores.

Bopara is broken. Dropping him is the only humane thing to do.

don_quixote

Trent End
i wouldn't drop him.

it's worrying though that we keep throwing these young players at homes ashes tours and it arguably broke a great young prospect in bell, possibly irretreviable (sp? that looks horrendous), especially in the mind of the public and bopara could be gone now. gooch'll work with him. sort him out.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
such an intriguing selection situation.... such a flipping headache....

hope they don't drop bops. hope they drop bell and harmless.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
well, they didn't drop bell or harmless! oh well!
strauss and cook both not out at lunch?! anyone?!?!

hucks

Your Message Here
well, they didn't drop bell or harmless! oh well!
strauss and cook both not out at lunch?! anyone?!?!

Yeah sure why no... oh.

Just the man you need coming in at number 3 in a big match, high stakes situation, tho

crackerjack

are we officially doing kinda alright? i mean, i know this england middle order is a hat-trick waiting to happen for some lucky bowler, but all things told, not a bad morning.

oh, as i was typing that....sorry folks

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Seeing as how those two guys Broad and Swann will churn out the runs in their partnership later on, this looks not too bad really, doesn't it?

crackerjack

so far from being the semi-collapse that some of us were thinking, yesterday's show has actually put the whip-hand in england's clutches since the pitch has more holes than bonnie & clyde.

this is a huuuuuuuuuge match for swann, then. and possibly the swingers, since showers and, therefore, clouds are expected this pm