Hip Hop 09?

gumdrops

wow cant believe someone who likes ghost and cappa (who had some not so great moments on OBFCL like his very first verse!) doesnt rate raekwon. raekwon is easily one of the best rappers of the 90s. the new album is very good, not exactly remarkable, but really satisfying and surprising all at once, though its not quite supreme clientele - could have done with someone like rzas guiding touch to make it all cohere more. its got some brilliant tracks but doesnt have the same variation in theme/mood as someone like rza could have made sure it had. terrible artwork too and i wish it wasnt billed as a sequel, cos it doesnt really seem to be much of a sequel at all, unless im missing something.

Last edited:

luka

Deliver this through your audio, ghetto mafioso
Grow hydro, then bag it up yo
Price that longevity, suggest make moves
slow take time grow eight, react nine blow
Hydro slide raw like fuck Renaldo
Fly ride though, shit lookin wild dope
then glide yo, flippin the page, I go
Watch five-oh, jump on my meat, ride slow
Watch those, undercovers, cop those, rock those
Glocks blows leave em baggy and collect spot grows
Keep a watch froze, lean on the yacht and wash clothes
Let the chop' blow, bag a half a block plot grows, what?

CrowleyHead

I've been exhausted as of late, so I can't give this a proper response...

But Raekwon, being called one of the best rappers of anything. Even among obese rappers... is a bold-faced mistake. I'm sorry.

CrowleyHead

Suggestions for Hip-Hop this year, that I'm surprised weren't taken seriously...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Only Built For Cuban Linx 2 came out? What in the fuck? I really don't know anything about rap music anymore.
And Gucci Mane is huge!
And another one of the biggest guys is from Toronto!

I look away for five minutes...

Last edited:

blackpixie

surprised no one has mentioned pill:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

i don't reallly know anything about him other than the fact that he is one of killer mike's proteges. he's got an excellent free mixtape which i swear has a couple of really hud mo/mike slott sounding beats on it

this... +1

big +1

blackpixie

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Anyone know about pill's second mixtape that is supposed to release tomorrow? 4075: the refill?

"lookin in the mirror, that glass is all i see..."

cant stop diggin what this guy is sayin...

and a lot of that had to do with dj burn one on the 4180 mixtape.

EDIT: shit just released today, link for those who want it.

Last edited: