Dissensus Cassette Swap - Unplugged

BareBones

wheezy
ha, thanks guys... sadly i've just realised that my tape deck is knackered, makes this awful crunching/clicking sound, so i would only be able to make a cd. I know dannyL has said cds are ok, but i like the idea of it being a cassette thing and i don't want to be the spoilsport who makes a cd :) Plus, i wouldn't even be able to listen to a tape someone sends me... so i guess i'll sit this one out and take part next time instead.

martin

----
Is Danny going to listen to and make his own copy of the contents of each cassette? Technically, he could be getting 12 tapes out of this deal.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Martin: It's crossed my mind....but I think that'd be spoiling the spirit of the deal, a bit like reading the book you've got someone for Xmas. So everyone is going to get a virgin cassette, don't worry. Might take a cheeky peek at the track lists though :)

martin

----
Martin: It's crossed my mind....but I think that'd be spoiling the spirit of the deal, a bit like reading the book you've got someone for Xmas. So everyone is going to get a virgin cassette, don't worry. Might take a cheeky peek at the track lists though :)

Bollocks! We all know about your NYE party. You know, "10 hours of eclectic sounds". You're just gonna shove the tapes on and pass it off as your own superior record collection, aren't you? We won't get F.A in the post. The only thing that pisses me off about this bleeding scam is that I didn't think of it first. Which is why I'm definitely sticking some Combat 84 on my tape - explain that, mid-blowjob!

DannyL

Wild Horses
Bollocks! We all know about your NYE party. You know, "10 hours of eclectic sounds". You're just gonna shove the tapes on and pass it off as your own superior record collection, aren't you? We won't get F.A in the post. The only thing that pisses me off about this bleeding scam is that I didn't think of it first. Which is why I'm definitely sticking some Combat 84 on my tape - explain that, mid-blowjob!

You're saying that like Combat 84 and blowjobs don't go together - they're fundamentally linked in my mind. I can't wait for NYE now...

DannyL

Wild Horses
This is closed now, thanks to everyone for their interest and I look forwards to receiving your tapes.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Matt B, your PM box is full, so I will post this rather banal message here instead:

Hi all

This is just a reminder mail re. the tape swap. I've closed entry now, so I look forwards to getting your tapes. If you can't do one for any reason, please let me know asap. Also. when you get it in the post please send me a PM to let me know.

Thanks

Danny

DannyL

Wild Horses
Up to you really... the idea is to provide a tape of the sort you'd be happy to get - would you be happy to receive a tape with mystery tracks or not? Personally it goes against my inner nerdishness, but YMMV.

Benny Bunter

Hey Danny, yer PM box is full!

Just wanted to let you know my tape is in the post. Hope it arrives safe and sound. Looking forward to receiving a tape and having a go at doing a review. I had fun making this. Cassettes are :cool:

DannyL

Wild Horses
Benny, your cassette was received this morning - the first one! I will send you my cassette later today or tomorrow as its the only other one in the "out" tray, unless I get some more tomorrow morning. Thanks a lot. I really enjoyed doing mine as well, cassettes rule :)

DannyL

Wild Horses
Full list of participants below (Martin dropped out, sadly). Names in bold are those who have sent or given me a completed tape.

DannyL
John Eden
STN
Chef Naplam
IdleRich
tox
reeltoreel
woops
bassbeyondreason
slackk
matt b
Benny B

I will match these as they come in and tell you what the pairings are as well, unless people want anonymity (PM and tell me if you do).

There's some space in my inbox now as well, so please send me a PM when your tape is dispatched.

Benny Bunter

Benny, your cassette was received this morning - the first one! I will send you my cassette later today or tomorrow as its the only other one in the "out" tray, unless I get some more tomorrow morning. Thanks a lot. I really enjoyed doing mine as well, cassettes rule :)

Woah that was quick! I only popped this in the postbox about 5pm last night. Look forward to getting your tape (and if you're getting my tape, hope you don't mind the odd bit of dodgy mixing. I've not been djing very long :eek:).

DannyL

Wild Horses
Okay the first swap has been done!

DannyL <> BennyB

Both tapes sent and received!

I only have had a PM advising me of a tape (well, CD) on it's way so am about to send a harassing PM to everyone else.

Simply put,

GET ON WITH IT

DannyL

Wild Horses
Status update:

DannyL DONE & RECEIVED
John Eden DONE
STN
Chef Naplam
IdleRich DONE & RECEIVED
tox
reeltoreel