Think that Danny Native set i posted earlier is the best set i've heard in months you know. Seriously, it's fucked.

Simon78

seems like bok bok doesn't think so - from his twitter (may or may not be referring to stush on sirens)

"dnt get why people post public links to hot dubs. whats to gain ?"

er, loads of people being able to listen to said hot dub? sounds like a big gain to me...

continuing on this topic, i briefly tuned into rinse yesterday about half six (not sure if it was crazy cousinz but they were playing funky and it's their timeslot) and the dj was chatting about why he doesn't give out tracklists, about how he spends all his time looking for tunes, going through 1000 a day sometimes (i know that feeling) and so why should he give out the names of his tunes.

i can't imagine producers being happy about this situation, right?

Loads of DJ's were playing that Boriken Soul tune and not including it on their tracklists even though it has been out a while. I'm sure its on a Cooly G mix as Untitled? Its like the old hip-hop DJ's putting stickers over their funk records so nobody could see what they were.

As soon as someone posted it on here I went and bought the EP.

Roska and DVA were telling me the names of all of the tunes I asked about and who produced them at FWD last week. I don't see the problem and I'm very happy that you posted that Stush tune.

faustus

room 3 at fabric on 7th august:

heatwave, sticky, hardhouse banton, doctor, lady chann and rubi dan. mad!

unfortunately thats also the day i leave britain for a year, its the raves i'll miss the most

slackk your right, that danny native set is amazing

UFO over easy

online mahjong
room 3 at fabric on 7th august:

heatwave, sticky, hardhouse banton, doctor, lady chann and rubi dan. mad!

unfortunately thats also the day i leave britain for a year, its the raves i'll miss the most

slackk your right, that danny native set is amazing

where you off to?

heatwave are doing so much right now, amazing

4linehaiku

Repetitive
I wish Fact would make their mixes into a proper podcast so I could subscribe to it. Every time I go on the site there's like 3 new mixes. I guess I am just lazy.

tom lea

I wish Fact would make their mixes into a proper podcast so I could subscribe to it. Every time I go on the site there's like 3 new mixes. I guess I am just lazy.
tell us about it. it was a proper podcast for a while, but something got screwed up. the dude who's sorting it for us is on holiday but he's back monday so fingers crossed.

it's a mix every monday morning & friday morning tho, for reference. :)

tom lea

I think 'The Warning' by Dark Knight sounds a bit like 'The Bluez' by Pev. Not suggesting that they're the same person of course haha...
i was saying the other day that some of the synths on one of those dark knight 12s sound a bit like the sort of thing joker would do.

then someone pointed out that dark knight...the joker...blates not the case tho.

faustus

Footloose 1Xtra 050709

TJ Cases –Joy (Cut House
Enrique Benitez ft Mia Mendez – Cooking
Maxwell D / Sticky – Blackberry Hype
Apple – Chantes
TJ Ramone - You’ll never find (Footloose Mix)
Kele le Roc – Retro (Kayday Remix)
Scotty D – Sound
Sophia Romain – Shortie (Diamond Mix)
NX1, Nikx ft Sharky – Come On Over (Footloose Dubplate)
Pitbull - Calle Ocho (Footloose Mix)
TNT – Carnival
Four To The Floor – Fo Sho
Geeneus - Crackish
22 Lockdown – Never Gonna Let You Go (Crazy Cousins Mix)
Donaeo – Watching Her Move
Sunday Roast – Echoes 2009
DJ Spen – Disco Stompin
Mercurial Myrmidon ft Knee Deep - Do You Remember
NB Funky – Rhythm Box (Sami Sanchez Mix)
NB Funky – Remix Box
K Motion – Down With The Flow

**Karizma Interview & Guest Mix**

Cornielle – Liberation (Kaytronik Remix)
Karizma – Darqness
Afefe Iku – K’Smirror’D Loop
Karizma aka Kaytronic – 33rd Street Anthem
Jill Scott – Golden (K2’s Bad Boi Loop)
Musiq Soulchild – Beautiful (K2’s Bootifal Edit)
Karizma – Drumz Nightmare (Kaytronik’s Rokin Ya Mix)

edit: thats obv just the 1st half. might do the 2nd tomorrow if im hungover. karizma speaks his brains about funky and scouse house. that final tune he plays is especially wicked

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Ok, so I'm not sure what this ammounts to in the grand scheme of things, and the fact that I see it like this may just reflect my own prejudices, but.... I'm rather pleased by the fact that a certain number of recent funky tunes feature, for want of a better word, 'affirmative' female bashment vocals. Quite tough-sounding, but in a positive way.

faustus

how come?

i often wonder about this. the main reason i started djing was to introduce people to tunes i loved. i can understand not giving out tunes or tracklists from a career/financial point of view (it means people have to book you to hear those tunes) but in every other way it seems kind of wrong

like this, it's stush's tune (and hh banton's) not mine, so it's not for me to keep hold of, right?

i agree and thankyou very much. now, if you feel like sharing that tifa and sami sanchez tune, feel free :D

seriously tho, thats one of my favourite tunes so far this year. is there a recording for ur rinse show last thurs? was one of the first times i missed it, am going to bed about 10.30 these days, its a par

Who gives a fuck really

I don't even think his tunes are THAT great.

co-sign