baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
But it means Terry and Bridge will have to do a hilarious 'professional' double act at the World Cup.

yeah, england's back four does look a bit dodgy, now you come to say it. Who is first choice keeper, anyways?

But it won't matter that much - I don't foresee them doing any better or any worse than normal.

don_quixote

Trent End
um, so deliberate handball on the line for example you would punish with a yellow card? maybe lose the player suspension, but that MUST be punished with a red card in my opinion. it's cheating, pure and simple. if you don't like it, don't do it.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
the best left back in the world breaking his ankle is not a laughing matter

it's not exactly serious, either.

Agree that straight red must follow handball on the line. On that (kinda) note, the dynamic at today's France-Ireland rugby match will be interesting, whether you follow the sport or not...

hucks

Your Message Here
um, so deliberate handball on the line for example you would punish with a yellow card? maybe lose the player suspension, but that MUST be punished with a red card in my opinion. it's cheating, pure and simple. if you don't like it, don't do it.

Handball on the line only the minority of these cases, but I take your point. I'd still be tempted to give it a yellow and a penalty, though and treat all these "goalscoring opportunity" cases as the same. Or, I suppose, you could say handball on the line is denial of a goal, rather than a goalscoring opportunity, so it should be a red. Yeah, that's better.

One of the things about suspensions is that it can work against the team who have been "sinned against". eg Nani got sent off against Villa for Man U. He's missing for the game v Man City now, which Aston Villa would quite like Man U to win, I would think. No idea what should be done about that.

hucks

Your Message Here
Soz @crackerjack but we won at Brighton and are now 4 points clear of 2nd and 9 of 3rd (albeit they've got games in hand). For all the unarguable moral superiority of supporting shit teams, football is so much better when your team wins

crackerjack

Soz @crackerjack but we won at Brighton and are now 4 points clear of 2nd and 9 of 3rd (albeit they've got games in hand). For all the unarguable moral superiority of supporting shit teams, football is so much better when your team wins

Heartless right-wing bastard, we need the points more than you :mad:

don_quixote

Trent End
i saw a right old scrap at the city ground yesterday. i've seen better football on school playgrounds. sheff utd are a dirty dirty team.

jenks

thread death
Arsenal continue to be somewhat suicidal in Europe - bizarre!

Surely the ref just tells Wenger to go fuck himself

nomos

Administrator
they didn't show it here but am i right that it went more or less like this?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:mad:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Sounds like Sol did pretty well though. That goal-saving tackle at the beginning was extraordinary.

Last edited:

crackerjack

whereas, this is the way to do it

if the sugar daddies at city and chelsea decide they'd rather not spunk billions away, the arse might well be the premiership superpower in about five years (I was going to make a joke about the arse trumping everyone else, but thought better)

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Sounds like Sol did pretty well though. That goal-saving tackle at the beginning was extraordinary."
Was a great tackle but he only needed to pull it out because his tired old legs let that guy run away from him in the first place.

Anyway, I hate football at the moment because my five-a-side team got dicked on 8-1 last night. We were holding our own against the league leaders and then the ref fucked up and sin-binned one of our players for two minutes after a perfectly good (if enthusiastic) tackle - five vs four is impossible and before he came back we went 2-0 down. After that the game was over, desperately chasing to get back into the game left loads of spaces and before we knew it we were four nil down, then six at half time. I didn't particularly enjoy it 'cause it was my turn in fucking goal. Second half was respectable I suppose and at least I got one but I'm still really angry with the ref for ruining what was shaping up to be a good contest. Probably wouldn't have won but what happened was cruel.

don_quixote

Trent End
we played in a five a side league last year and got dicked on every game. it was pretty sad.

anyway, whilst everyone handwrings over portsmouth, chester have hit the wall today. goodbye chester city. you once booted us out the fa cup and you are never going to do it again. welcome to the scarborough and halifax club. and soon to be joined perhaps by bournemouth or southend.