hucks

Your Message Here
"Things The England Team Could Learn From Mildly Obscure Hip-Hop Tracks of The Early Nineties."

I mean, who edits this? I'm really glad they didn't though, because I want to see this become a regular series. In fact, i want to see it replace the Daily Mail. Slightly disappointed the quote he included made sense though. Far better a complete non-sequitur:

"I rap for listeners, blunt heads, fly ladies and prisoners/Hennessey holders and old school niggas, then I be dissin a unofficial that smoke woolie thai.

Rooney could do worse than to listen to this advice in the hours leading up to England's crunch clash with Slovenia."

Reads to me like someone put it in for a laugh.

James Milner: I'm the messiah, I set the microphone on fire/ Rhyme styles vary/ And Carey ike Mariah/ Though I played through the middle with Villa this season/ I'm happy to play out wide if that's where the manager wants me.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Robert Green

I'm ready and now it's my turn to build/ Uplift, get swift, then drift off... and do my own thing/ Switch up change my pitch up/ Smack my bitch up like a pimp/ Guys, I'm really sorry about that mistake/ I promise I won't do it again.

crackerjack

12.33pm: Meanwhile a retweet from Danny Taylor about today's England team, which seems to be as expected, with James Milner on the right.
Live blog: Twitter

No Joe Cole . . #eng team via @CallCollymore: James; Johnson, Terry, Upson, A Cole; Barry; Milner, Lamp, Gerrard; Rooney, Defoe #worldcup

Glad he hasn't finished with Milner after starting with him when he wasn't fit, but...why would Milner be on the right rather than Gerrard? Not sure I get that, unless it's cos he's more disciplined and needed as cover for GJ's walkabouts.

jenks

thread death
Milner on the right - shakes head - am I missing something?

where is the width? Did Lennon do that much wrong?

Good to see defoe get a go though.

If we get through what's the chances Milner will be suspended?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Milner on the right - shakes head - am I missing something?

where is the width? Did Lennon do that much wrong?

Just got back from Capetown and was at that last England match, Lennon was dreadful, he looked completely out of his depth and half asleep, or just not on it, most of the time, it was embarrassing for him and to watch. I'll do a big round up of what I saw etc later on or tomorrow, tried to when I was there but the net cafes near me were too slow. Come on England!

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Germany probably, although could be Ghana if they play well tonight. Hoepfully Germany, and hope Ghana somehow get through in second place too (by Australia winning, I think).

crackerjack

phew that was a bit better, lampard and rooney weren't but everyone else was.

Lampard and Rooney were Ok rather than hoeplessly shit, so an improvement on Friday night. Gerrard, Cole and Upson (after a poor start) had very good games. The quality of Milner's crossing was exceptional - almost every one in the danger zone. Pity Defoe's so small.

jenks

thread death
Lampard and Rooney were Ok rather than hoeplessly shit, so an improvement on Friday night. Gerrard, Cole and Upson (after a poor start) had very good games. The quality of Milner's crossing was exceptional - almost every one in the danger zone. Pity Defoe's so small.

However Milner was also incredibly leaden footed - did you see the step over in the second half? And maybe people will now shut up about Joe Cole.

What has Crouch done to Fabio that Heskey comes on instead of him?

But in the end we play again on Sunday and that is something...

scottdisco

rip this joint please
more like for like Capello subbing wrt J Cole coming on for Rooney and rather than letting Gerrard drift into the hole and have Cole out there, he kept Gerrard on the left. at that stage, that mix-up would have been worth a go. i know these are all talented well-paid players who should be able to handle a switch but it seems you're likely going to get more value from Gerrard if he's allowed to storm from the centre, and more out of Cole if he can start wide.

A Cole has been the best Englishman thus far. (not saying too much i know.)

pleased for the USA; saddened for that needless walk off for the Algerian captain at the end, tempers frayed, ugly stuff. Yank offside was an inch call.

crackerjack

However Milner was also incredibly leaden footed - did you see the step over in the second half?.

Indeed, I was surprised when it was Rooney who came off instead of him. Seemed to be playing in slow motion for the last 1/4. Still, ball retnetion was good and at least 5 or 6 excellent crosses. Well worth his place ahead of JC (even his initials have that messianic touch).

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
no if germany lose and australia win then aussies go through

Oh yeah, you're absolutely right. I think I was thinking of what would need to happen for Australia to go through if they win and Germany draws. I predict a Germany-Ghana draw and a Serbia win.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Well this certainly isn't going how I wanted it to. Come on Serbia! You've been in wars while these sunstroked buffoons were throwing shrimps on the barbie! (and, no doubt, playing football)

Edit: While I was typing that the Aussies scored again. Balls.

Last edited: