vvvwwwv

listening through to saturday's mark radford now. looking forward to carnao's 'just say nothing' getting a release at the end of august. sinister!

trilliam

great article, greg wilson is a boss

majesty guests on supply's show they do a little interview at the beginning talking about this, really interesting discussion

and now majesty has booked amine edge & dance for his next all dayer, big look

Majesty - Siesta Presents Amine Edge

Playtime Productions - Metro Love Promo

trilliam

that playtime productions one is only half an hour so i'd listen to that first. mostly their tunes, every track is a banger.

been rinsing this mix as well

Hotsteppa - House Central

benjybars

village elder.
Hi

Back after a very very long period just lurking!

Drawn here by the Wire article, which intrigued me re: shuffling. I have to say that although if I squint I can see the Footwork connection, the Carlton Banks comments seem to hit the nail on the head - more of a refreshingly relaxed "I'm just off to have a little boogie on the dancefloor" than a bolt of lightning setting the world on fire...

Was just wondering if anyone knew if any & which oldie tech house etc bits are getting dredged up & resurrected by the new boys? When funky was breaking I came across a few broken beat-ish things I'd completely missed the first time, like Ear Dis' "Hey Girl" - wondered if there were any parallels?

good to have you back Phil - always enjoy your contributions :)

philblackpool

gamelanstep
Much appreciated & yr kind comment gives me an opportunity to ask if you might mind me playing back some of yr own Roots Of... mixes on my internet radio show? No worries if not.

datwun

Could anyone who knows this stuff a bit better than me (the DJs, the clubs etc) hazzard a guess as to whether this will be any good?

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?488085

Got three weekends in the UK this August, one taken up by Carnival, I think I'm playing 02:31 on the other, and I was thinking on the weekend on the 16th/17th to check out a London house rave.

There's either that one or this one that Luca D Colella posted on the Audio Rehab wall:
Shades returns 17.08.13 @ Bells of Shoreditch W/Martin Ikin (Defected), Shea Burke (Audio-Rehab), Tim Ross, Antonio and myself... Bring it on!

Aside from the bigger names people have been pushing on this thread - Mark Radford, Cozzie D, Shea Burke, Carneao etc. I really don't have a fucking clue lol, but it'd be nice to check it out while I'm home!

vvvwwwv

and now majesty has booked amine edge & dance for his next all dayer, big look

Majesty - Siesta Presents Amine Edge

Playtime Productions - Metro Love Promo
makes sense what majesty was talking about in the supplier rinse show you linked listening to the first half hour or so of that mix and looking at those bookings. personally don't understand this penchant for that more mainstream house sound but each to their own. 50 mins onwards bangs however.

- @bristol heads. looks big, looking forward to hearing this sound out. dress code though...:slanted:

jackjambie

Voodoo Priest
saw RS4 (darqwan doing deep tech) downstairs at a tiny club in west kensington last friday.

only about 6 ppl turned up and the drink prices were PEAAAAKKKK (£6 A VODKA TONIC R U STUPID?!?!?) but his tunes are sick. proper nuum vibes ennit, lfo remix, "kirk your son is dead" or whatever that hardcore track is got sampled at one point and there's this one track that is just 100% dj narrows on a deep tech tip.

most of the tracks he played were his own i think, maybe a few carnao beats too, H.O.U.S.E. maybe? v underground. you can catch em in the promo mix -

https://soundcloud.com/houseondahill/house-on-da-hill-promo-mix-rs4

he's uploading a load of them to his soundcloud channel today actually so hoping for some IDs.

this is definitely my sort of thing tbh. him and lombardo both being back on the scene is very good news indeed imo cos they were both BIG players back in the day and their new stuff is as dark as you'd like which is GREAT -

https://soundcloud.com/lombardouk/lombardo-presents-robot

trilliam

Could anyone who knows this stuff a bit better than me (the DJs, the clubs etc) hazzard a guess as to whether this will be any good?

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?488085

Got three weekends in the UK this August, one taken up by Carnival, I think I'm playing 02:31 on the other, and I was thinking on the weekend on the 16th/17th to check out a London house rave.

There's either that one or this one that Luca D Colella posted on the Audio Rehab wall:
Shades returns 17.08.13 @ Bells of Shoreditch W/Martin Ikin (Defected), Shea Burke (Audio-Rehab), Tim Ross, Antonio and myself... Bring it on!

Aside from the bigger names people have been pushing on this thread - Mark Radford, Cozzie D, Shea Burke, Carneao etc. I really don't have a fucking clue lol, but it'd be nice to check it out while I'm home!

mark radford, shea burke and carnao are heavy hitters

ikin is a good producer imo havent heard him dj

lovehouse on august 9th @ thomas a beckt (old kent road) has a massive line up as does the next audiowhore

more big names
carlos aries
lance morgan
deejay b3
max chapman
alex arnout
j clarke
adam cotier

big events
lovehouse
ava word
audiowhore
sounds of the underground
house is house
amsterdam dance weekender

clubs
xoyo
coronet
aquarium
hidden
opera house (lol)

list is in no way comprehensive just off the top of my head

aint listened to radfords show in a hot minute (for my money the best dj is majesty) his sound was starting to grate, just been a steady supply of mixes (that playtime production, max chapman and house central being personal picks) but this new audio rehab promo is impressing, tracklist included as well.

edit: forgot d link

&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">1. Let Me In - Carnao Beats
2. Dragon Style - Mark Radford/Adam Cotier/Riaz Dhanani
3. Nosebleed - Dj SKT
4. Sinister - Mark Radford/M Sadler
5. Lost Planet - Adam Cotier/Riaz Dhanani
6. The Darkness - Kane Law
7. Watchin' Nobody - NRKY feat Iviee Mercutio - Mark Radford's Digital Boogie Remix
8. Accuse Me - Nightshift
9. Trapped - Lee Edwards/Storm
10.Walk On - Rs4
11.Low Slung - D'vinci - Playtime Productions Remix
12.Lonely Travels - Shea Burke - Mark Radford's Pitch Black Remix
13.Whatever They Want - Freight Train - D'vinci's Remix
14.Running Deep - Yacine Dessouki
15.Dark Forrest - Riaz Dhanani
16.Say Nothing - Carnao Beats
17.Dont Let The Music Die - D'vinci - Freight Train Remix

and here's a mix by SEF (producer of get the money)

&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">no tracklisting for this one though

Last edited:

wise

bare BARE BONES
can anyone id the track at 14mins on the RS4 House on the Hill mix?
that's got an interesting grime thing going on, first tune from this scene i've heard that actually made my ears perk up