IdleRich

IdleRich
This was the most effective point Anna Politkovskaya made when she was writing about Putin's war in Chechnya. The Russian army was a disaster at that time, riven with alcoholism, disaffection and incompetence.
Anyone seen a Russian film called Demobbed? I guess kinda like a Russian Catch 22 or something, I've mentioned it a few times and it is a representation of an army exactly as described above. I wonder if things have changed since then. Also, surprised it was allowed to be made and distributed given the extremely negative view it gives of something as important to Russia as its army.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Apparently Snake Island was being held by thirteen Ukrainian soldiers and when a Russian battleship told them to surrender they told them to fuck off.
You would have thought that, seeing as it is apparently the key to controlling the destiny of the whole world, they might have stationed more than 13 men to guard it. The obvious number would have been 23... or maybe just fucking loads of soldiers, I dunno, whatever works.

IdleRich

IdleRich
have you detained Liza in a broom cupboard for security purposes?
She went on a protest march outside the Russian embassy yesterday. She told me that one of her friends has been sharing a video all over social media in which he burns his Russian passport. She also said "He lives in NY and is never going back to Chelyabinsk, its's pretty meaningless".

luka

that Snake Island story was total bullshit it turns out. the men all surrendered meekly, as you would.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I thought that they were killed? Not that that makes a good story.
What are the rules with civilians in war? Like if you are captured can you say "I surrender you fucking cunt" and be safe or would that be pushing your luck?

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i've seen a picture of that snake island, a tiny desolate piece of rock sticking out of a freezing sea, why did they even put people on it? i'm glad they surrendered.

version

Notice Shaka's disappeared... He's probably tearing through Russians like Rambo right now.

image-w1280.jpg

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
obviously the answer is to get heavily stoned, that’s my professional prescription

then your only problem is jaffacake, come to daddy

did you know penguins get malaria?