Leo

translation:
"We are in a disinformation war, where everything can be manipulated, images, videos thanks to great software. God is great"

Leo

yeah, I read that's one reason why that one long Russian caravan was stopped en route. it's some sort of rainy season and they are unable to go off the paved road because vehicles have gotten stuck in the mud.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
This doesn't sound good.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
A friend of mine, who's Ukrainian but has lived in the UK for a long time, sent me this earlier (copied here with her permission).

Hey You’ve been concerned, so I just wanted to update you on my sister’s situation.

I didn’t want to say anything over the last couple of days to not jinx the outcome, but my sister last night made it to Poland and is now with her son, who lives there.

As you know, her home city, Kharkiv, is currently one of the heaviest attacked cities in Ukraine. Since Thursday, she had been living in her bathroom, said she heard explosions around her every 5 minutes and watched the two tower blocks next to her get destroyed by shelling. On Wednesday she decided she would risk the journey across the country to go to Poland. She travelled on a train from Kharkiv to Lviv, which took around 15 hours. She said an explosion went off 30 meters from her at Kharkiv train station, she has bruises on her body because the train was overfilled with people, and during the journey, a Russian aircraft bombed the train a few times, during which they all fell to the floor (so much for the Russian line of focused targets that are absolutely not targeting civilians). She made it to Lviv and from there, via public transport, travelled to the Polish border, where she was met by her ex-partner. I received a message from my nephew a 2am that they are now reunited after a year apart. He had been making pancakes, sushi, and pizza all day awaiting her arrival. After the week she’s had, I bet a slice of pizza has never tasted so good.

I can't even fucking imagine...