luka

registering an intensity. ginger-root, say, and at what level of the tincture it becomes possible. and how
the valence quavers at the margin, turbulence. and what the taste receptors recognise and how they bring into play memories
and everything that haunts the threshold

Benny Bunter

"Tricuspid" there he goes with his circulatory/respiratory system words again (remember that Alveolar Shunts poem we talked about?)

luka

latency of the conditional. i read it today in westminster abbey, poets corner. price £27. (entrance, not the book)

Benny Bunter

I like how it ends with "intensity provoked" - I guess that's what gives you a way in to what it's about. On first look it's a lot like that Wound Response book, like you say, how he's registering bodily responses from input to output.

luka

I like how it ends with "intensity provoked" - I guess that's what gives you a way in to what it's about. On first look it's a lot like that Wound Response book, like you say, how he's registering bodily responses from input to output.
yeah but not just bodily, also markets etc, cause and effect, the siphons information moves along etc

Benny Bunter

yeah but not just bodily, also markets etc, cause and effect, the siphons information moves along etc
Right, so it's tracing information flow or sequence, and also how the flows get blocked - 'pent up in pathway' - and surge, or become crystallised, reach limits, modulate and are adapted along the way. Sort of a tracing of the journey information undertakes between input and output.

Benny Bunter

I don't know of anyone doing anything like what Prynne does in any language.

That analysis of Wound Response by Douglas Oliver in the new letters book is really really good on this, he properly gets what he's doing.

luka

there isnt anything. only me and that is in response obviously. then you have late prynne which is all a diagloue with me and the paths i mapped out.

luka

thats why its mystifying that only me and you understand it given we are by no means the smartest of cookies. we're both paste people. but dissensus clearly cant read.

luka

its sad that craner cant read. its a shame limburger is too lazy to read. gus isnt human enough.