Benny Bunter

I'm fairly thick, but I put the time in. It shouldn't be beyond anyone on here but most people here are too lazy or if they are into poetry they're snobbish or set in their ways.

Definitely a shame about Limburger, he did some excellent posts early on in the thread

luka

yeah, i think its mostly being really stupid. you have to know how to read, how to let an artifact alter you and communicate with you and everyone here i would say has forgotten how to do it except for me and you.

craner

Beast of Burden
What about Jenks? He also likes the Vampiric Dr. Prynne.

Woops gets pugilitstic in defence of his honour.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Such latency is legible by fortune at first sight
insistent past provision mutuable re-founded
welded entire stepwise in flicker colouration,
assemblage fringe turbulence recoil observ-
vational pent-up in pathway crystallised
tracing, at ginger-root expressive preser-
vative instated across tincture limit realised.
Adaptive discoverable as beyond exception,
surmounted by cardinal invert numeration,
alleged into transparency icy surface level
fully exceptional eventual, grizzled wherever
in grateful outreach; even at amounted
density, intial within plentiful dual purpose
first overturn sequence device plumage
outliasted at tricuspid. Intensity provoked
How come you like this but criticise Joyce for writing unreadable gibberish

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I took revenge on Luka for laughing at me by laughing at him but now I feel bad and can't be bothered to delete all the laughing faces

It's a complex relationship and no mistake

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Sometimes I'm walking along and I start thinking about I'd love to really destroy Luka in an argument really shame and discredit him cast him out of the city limits shivering in a loin cloth the fuck the fuck and then I realise I'm in the eclairs section of Sainsbury again

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I wonder how Luka feels when he leaves one of those nasty laughing faces on my posts? Probably takes it less seriously than me. Emotionally detached. Psychopath.

craner

Beast of Burden
Sometimes I'm walking along and I start thinking about I'd love to really destroy Luka in an argument really shame and discredit him cast him out of the city limits shivering in a loin cloth the fuck the fuck and then I realise I'm in the eclairs section of Sainsbury again

There's a whole section for eclairs in your Sainsbury's? That sounds amazing!

Benny Bunter

exactly, but also performing it in the way we receive the poem-signal

This reminds me of that thing in the Wallace Stevens' poem 'Of Modern Poetry' (you probably hate him, but no matter) where he says modern poetry has to "construct a new stage" and what's more "it has to be on that stage".

Strikes me that is what Prynne does. He imagines a new stage for poetry (in Prynne's case information flows, be they bodily, chemical, economic, linguistic or whatever) totally different to what has come before, and the poetry itself also performs it, like you say, so it's truly integrated. Maybe this is what all truly innovative poetry does and has done through the ages.

Benny Bunter

That integration of the ideas into the 'performance' of the work itself is what makes it poetry, rather than a textbook. It's not explicitly explained, but it's built into the text itself, so you get a condensed package that might be harder to get into, but when you do start to crack it you get a purer hit.

version

That integration of the ideas into the 'performance' of the work itself is what makes it poetry, rather than a textbook. It's not explicitly explained, but it's built into the text itself, so you get a condensed package that might be harder to get into, but when you do start to crack it you get a purer hit.

That isn't exclusive to poetry; Joyce, Burroughs, D&G and others have done it too.