mvuent

Void Dweller
but has he really made a seminal essential record since 95?

exactly. if they had both stopped making music in 95 things would look very different.

anyways, can't wait until the new autechre album comes out in a few months and we all rehash the exact same opinions yet again in a new thread

mvuent

Void Dweller
at this point there are really only two perspectives left on the techre. those of us who are stowed away safely inside the spaceship, and the people outside looking on skeptically like "is it even moving?"

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
But he has released great shit since 95. Windowlicker? Come to Daddy? The Analord series? Druqks? A bunch of others I'm probably forgetting

Do disrespec to the autech' ofc

mvuent

Void Dweller
But he has released great shit since 95. Windowlicker? Come to Daddy? The Analord series? Druqks? A bunch of others I'm probably forgetting

all very good, especially drukqs which is maybe his best album, but the early era is the most magical. imo. despite it's comparative amateurishness.

(sort of done a 360 rather than a 180 on which era of his i like best.)

Leo

all very good, especially drukqs which is maybe his best album

funny, I recall this getting lukewarm reviews at the time. has it aged well, with all those piano interludes?

my biggest issue with autechre is how to properly pronounce their name.

mvuent

Void Dweller
funny, I recall this getting lukewarm reviews at the time. has it aged well, with all those piano interludes?

my biggest issue with autechre is how to properly pronounce their name.

a lot of people seem to hate the eclecticism, yeah. but i think that's a big part of what makes it work--there's an epic scope to the whole thing. it's like a journey that takes you through different cities and through the pastoral countryside. or a story where the narrative alternates between characters in different locations.

blissblogger used his review as an opportunity to rant about the pointless complexity of idm ("fruitless fruityloops-ery" i think he called it, lol). but to me the drum and bass tracks bang a lot more than they did on aphex's previous attempts.

imo this is like a y2k version of hyper-on experience:

it's also very personal, his break up album. but that's probably enough for now...

droid

Drukqs has its moments for sure. By far the most palatable and heartfelt examples of that hyper style. Saint Michaels Mount is an awesome tune.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket

good as they may be, none of those you stated are on a level with the analog bubblebath eps and SAW II.

whereas lp5 and confield are better than Incunabula and Amber.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
it's weird, when AE break out of the 'idm' straitjacket, that's when people really start to dislike them. I guess the overwhelming need to categorise an artist in a slag off category trumps that of the artists own trajectory.

Like I'm more sympathetic to people who slag off their earlier stuff. I disagree but its definitely of its time.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Dean Blunt supports Arsenal and his favourite player is/was Wrighty so careful careful thirst third

Lol I don't even know who dean blunt is and haven't listened to him, I was just slagging off his fanbase. that's different.

loads of great music is liked by revolting fans.