droid

Drane 2, Rae and Acroyear II are incredible tunes. I love their early work as well, but LP5 is outstanding.

droid

One thing I don't see mentioned much is Keynell, which is basically a mid 90s album. Tracks in order here.

1996 - First Keynell EP on SKAM, bit of Chiastic slide buzz. Keynell 4 with its wonky 9 bar melody loop is my fave:

1996 - Autechre Keynell Remixes on WARP, more of a Garbage EP sound:

1998 - Another Keynell remix - just drums

True story: I was off my at a festival and smelt really strong weed. Asked the guy for a smoke like a cheeky cunt and turned out it was rob autechre. Spoke to him for about 5 mins about the music I liked and then he reached into his pocket and broke off a decent chunk and gave it me. Sound guy.

droid

True story: I was off my at a festival and smelt really strong weed. Asked the guy for a smoke like a cheeky cunt and turned out it was rob autechre. Spoke to him for about 5 mins about the music I liked and then he reached into his pocket and broke off a decent chunk and gave it me. Sound guy.

Yup, both of them are totally sound. As is AFX from my limited experience.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I found one I really like:

Obliquely reminds me of somebody like Theo Parrish. That snatch of harmony. I find their use of chords somehow oppressive usually, and drums. Everything here is stripped back.

Yeah, very good.

droid

I found one I really like:

Obliquely reminds me of somebody like Theo Parrish. That snatch of harmony. I find their use of chords somehow oppressive usually, and drums. Everything here is stripped back.

Yeah, very good.

Another in the same vein.