pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
I'm not going to disagree with third here, but I just don't see the point in making such comparisons. Career arcs don't matter to me. We're not talking about sportsmen. We're talking about artists. All I care about is the body of work.

But if that's what matters to you, enjoy!

catalog

sounds kinda plaid-y actually, kinda playful, but its got that autechre melancholy. i know nothing of how to describe music. the high note bits. what are they? synths? i don't know, they are nice. they seem to be reaching up. like angel arms. while theres this continuous squelchy shuffle. two distinct sounds going on. noice one bwavvas

catalog

this plinky plonky melody at 22 mins seems familiar, like a nursery rhyme. xylophone? its gone somewhere else now and i cant even remember how, but this part at 29 mins is good, sort of ambient but faster, but fast in an odd way

catalog

39 mins now and i really like this one, its very slow. doesn't sound like anyone but autechre. to me this is very similar to the old stuff, maybe not incunabula but definitely the one after that, can;t remember its name, and those eps.

46 - another good one, well getting into this.

1 hour in now and it's gone very smooth indeed, warm heroin bath. lolling gentle waves. theres a big bit of silence after this nice one, just like it needs.

i think actually that's the end, the video is too long for some reason.

yeah good album. i enjoyed that. i read the grapejuice and wrote about it. did a couple sketches as well, which i'll post now in the drawings thread.

maybe i'll listen to druqs now, never listened to that either.

catalog

drukqs is a lot more full on, but it sounds remarkably similar actually. do autechre and afx get on? i reckon not. this is like he's taking the piss out of them. their sound, but more fucked up, faster, crinklier. better drums i gotta say, just more present. but maybe too busy? not as much warmth. i've obviously already made my mind up as to my preference, so this is largely pointless. but this album is ok so far, just a bit frantic. when he tries slowing down, like on number 3, kladfvgbung micshk, he's not as effective.

but number 4 omgyjya switch7 is really good, spicy.loses steam 2nd half. good whip sounds towards the very end. best track so far probably.

bit of a funny turn with number 5 - can't say im impressed.

6 has a promising opening, like a film. space station in the snow, a figure coming out of the shadows. the entrance of mccabe in the altman film. proper taking its time, but i dont mind. i like this one, gwely mernans. next one beautiful too, just nice and ambient, with some nice gentle claps.

think i'm stopping here, gonna listen to choon of the day instead. this next ones a hectic one, but they're all the same these tunes.

catalog

ii'm back on druqs now, after listening to all of lukas choons of the day. which were pretty good. nico and that.
i enjoyed lp5, maybe i'll try that other one you (version) reckon is their best one.
i think i topped listening to their albums when i heard that one (draft 7?) and it was just a bit too mental. but ive always found time to check a few odd hours here and there of their mixes. fuckin hell i better go to sleep soon.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I'm not going to disagree with third here, but I just don't see the point in making such comparisons. Career arcs don't matter to me. We're not talking about sportsmen. We're talking about artists. All I care about is the body of work.

But if that's what matters to you, enjoy!

Sure, my point was that AE have a greater body of work than afx.

Chiastic Slide, Confield, LP5, the peel session, 2nd bad vilbil, EP7, Gantz Graf, Untilted, quaristis, Exai, nts sessions, all unimpeachable.