Leo

one more on the topic, from the Orlando Sentinel newspaper in Florida. Hope this type of shaming becomes more common...

We apologize for endorsing U.S. Rep. Michael Waltz, who wants to overturn the election | Editorial

We apologize to our readers for endorsing Michael Waltz in the 2020 general election for Congress. We had no idea, had no way of knowing at the time, that Waltz was not committed to democracy.

During our endorsement interview with the incumbent congressman, we didn’t think to ask, “Would you support an effort to throw out the votes of tens of millions of Americans in four states in order to overturn a presidential election and hand it to the person who lost, Donald Trump?”

Our bad.

Last edited:

wild greens

a common trope of US reality tv is the "reunion" show where they all come together at the end of a series and really fucking go at eachother one last time for an hour

it's endearing that this election has not only one of these but several

Leo

OMG...ratings on Trump TV would go through the roof if they did a reality show starring former Trump White House and election campaign characters through the years, set in a wing of Mar-a-Lago. Corey Lewendowski getting all up in Jared's grill, Sarah Huckabee Sanders dishing on Kellyanne Conway. I'd watch.

Last edited:

wild greens

Apprentice style boardroom evictions but in a pokey golf-themed function room

The possibilities are endless I feel like we've struck gold here Leo

Reactions: Leo

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
no i didn't - I thought about it briefly but then, like you said, no one was discussing trump's attempt to overthrow the american govt, so the best I could do would be to spam random links

you mean the one called "What Can You Do If Trump Stages a Coup?" 🤔

but not a non-violent coup, a kind of friendly over-throwing of the government - thats totally reasonable?

sorry, there was no hysterical wave of *violent* coup predictions - it was a wave of qualified *non-violent* coup predictions, which is a totally different thing

tenor.gif

IdleRich

IdleRich
Barr has been christened "the ultimate deep state operative" by Fox after speaking of "the rantings of the deposed king".
So many deep state operatives they must have accounted for like 40m votes on their own; all those judges, GOP governors, Barr etc

version

A Conservative Christian did a thread on the rally in DC last night. Was both alarming and intriguing.
Mike Lindell talking about all the prophetic visions and dreams he has had about Donald Trump. Then God arranged for him to meet Trump. What is so fascinating about this is how these believers think that all of this Trump stuff is directed by God. This is important. It's why Metaxas said on Charlie Kirk this week that he didn't care about evidence. These people know by direct revelation that all of this is true. It is completely unfalsifiable. This is the right-wing Christian version of the woke CRT people's theories.

[...]

I am a believing Christian. I believe God sometimes sends prophetic visions. If that happens, you should test them. You should question them. They require deep discernment. These Christians, though, they question nothing. Claim God's mandate for whatever they like. It's wrong!

[...]

Gen. Flynn is onstage saying that his MyPillow gave him the best sleep of his life. Then he said the Our Father (got it right this time). Jesus, America, hucksterism.

This Flynn speech is important. He said, "The Courts don't decide the election, we the people decide." But later: "The rule of law is at stake." In the same speech in which he declared mob rule, not the legal institutions ordained by the Constitution, determine election results. He also told people to ignore their minds and listen to their hearts, because that is where you determine truth. It's all about feeling. All. About. Feeling. Don't think, feel. This is 100% what Metaxas was saying this week: logic & evidence matter not.

You watch: this movement is going to end up demanding that Gen. Flynn become the military dictator of America.

Now, at the height of Flynn speech, Trump appears overhead in Marine One. Like an apparition!

Flynn: Every time they attack Trump, they're attacking you. Total identification of the collective with the man, Trump. I hate facile comparisons, but think of what Rudolf Hess said at 1934 Nuremberg Party rally: “The Party is Hitler! But Hitler is Germany, as Germany is Hitler!”

IdleRich

IdleRich
It's God's will when they like it, not when I they don't... is he steering the fucking ship or what?
Anyway, all this post-election stuff, while being a terrifying assault on democracy itself, our freedoms and so on, is also very very funny and has been keeping me entertained... at this point it seems kinda like kicking poor Sidney Powell while she down, but I guess she is now appealing to the Supreme Court so she's still fair game, and it's totally right to point out that her Military Intelligence expert Spyder has been revealed to have indeed worked in the military, but as a mechanic. She's obviously completely lied so she could actually be in trouble for that one I think... unless they just recognise that she seems to be delusional.

Last edited:

Leo

at a certain point, these attorneys risk being sanctioned or even disbarred if they see filing frivolous lawsuits.