entertainment

alcohol has really been making me sick lately, these gruelling fevered cold sweat hangovers that are magnitudes worse than the normal tolls.

luka

yeah it'll do a number on your guts. ive not shit my pants yet but all my big drinking friends have.

version

I once went into a pub toilet straight after another bloke who walked out pulling a face, doing a big exhale and telling me I might want to give it a minute, but I was desperate so I went in anyway and found he'd gotten shit all over the bog roll on the windowsill and the place smelled like a septic tank.

luka

I once went into a pub toilet straight after another bloke who walked out pulling a face, doing a big exhale and telling me I might want to give it a minute, but I was desperate so I went in anyway and found he'd gotten shit all over the bog roll on the windowsill and the place smelled like a septic tank.
#hitthenorth

• Haha
Reactions: Leo

woops

is not like other people
while on the continent I've observed a neat stack of dog excrement on the tip of a bollard also a dog bending over backwards to defecate on the rim of a fountain

luka

i certainly wouldnt try and dissuade anyone from choosing the drinking life but it is a mistake to think you can drink and hang onto your health, your sanity and your dignity.

entertainment

i could never be a hard drinker. i like to drink myself senseless but i rarely go for two days in a row and if i do, i can't touch it for a week. logistically i could never get the habit up and running.

luka

yeah, you say that now, but things tend to snowball. you cross thresholds. undergo transformations. when i was at primary school i thought i'd never say a swearword.

luka

i combined all the major drinking groups yesterday
beer
wine
whisky
brandy
tequilla
pastis

weirdly feel a lot better for it. ive really been under a cloud the last few days. irritable. oppressed. befuddled.
sleeping badly. this all day binge seems to have helped.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I've been staying with my parents for a week and I feel like my liver's taken a hammering without even any puking being involved. Quite happy to consider myself an amateur in that respect.

That said, my dad's just lit the log burner in the garden and the whisky has been brought out.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
A pint of Carlsberg, a cocktail involving pear vodka and aperol and some other things, a cocktail called “Billy the Kid” with bourbon + rye + lemon + orgeat, a pint of Guinness, two Vieux Carre’s (which I’ve been seeking for three years), a glass of Campari, a pint of Murphy’ red ale, and a pint of some IPA.