Durrty Goodz

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Oh OK, so you're happy with the fact that grime djs and acts are on the whole effectively banned from central London?

Logan and Blackdown are on a waaarrrrr tiinnnngggg!

but...what does Axiom stand for? I know he gave a definition on Sama's show...

An axiom is a generally recognized truth and if I remember rightly he was saying on Logan's show that he is going for a quality over quantity approach - the generally recognized truth being that Doogz produces quality material.

I think this is what he said. Doesn't run too deep really lol

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Logan and Blackdown are on a waaarrrrr tiinnnngggg!

I think they're on different wavelengths here tbh - logan's comment was more about the fact that the Police's stipulation that goodz shouldn't perform live in London is more to do with his own protection (reprisals from the gang of the murder victim) than a general policy against grime (though that still exists)

gumdrops

shame he cant perform. hed probably be one of the best out there. interesting comment about him maybe having ghostwriting though. hmmm. i do find much as i like his new stuff - and it is great - that 'fire' or extroversion/complete hypeness that was there in the earlier material isnt there anymore.

viktorvaughn

shame he cant perform. hed probably be one of the best out there. interesting comment about him maybe having ghostwriting though. hmmm. i do find much as i like his new stuff - and it is great - that 'fire' or extroversion/complete hypeness that was there in the earlier material isnt there anymore.

Yeah that's what i was thinking. I mean all the complex lyricism is good but I think hearing him 'switch like English weather' or come 'rougher than rugby' or whatever is a bit more...fun?

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Oh OK, so you're happy with the fact that grime djs and acts are on the whole effectively banned from central London?

You know, I think a lot of places are banning pretty much every black-centric music genre from Central London. Unless it is one of those "trendy" artsy type events such as those held at 333 or 93 feet east.

Hip hop and RnB has been pretty much erased from trendy West End venues in favour of the far blander house trend.

I think Grime feels it the most as there are literally NO other avenues for it to be played in because it hasnt had time to build up it's own infrastructure unlike Hip Hop and RnB or Dancehall.

Black-centric music in the UK is being marginalised in all areas. Most noticably BBC Radio and in London's clubs.

spooky girlfriend

Wild Horses
You know, I think a lot of places are banning pretty much every black-centric music genre from Central London. Unless it is one of those "trendy" artsy type events such as those held at 333 or 93 feet east.

Hip hop and RnB has been pretty much erased from trendy West End venues in favour of the far blander house trend.

I think Grime feels it the most as there are literally NO other avenues for it to be played in because it hasnt had time to build up it's own infrastructure unlike Hip Hop and RnB or Dancehall.

Black-centric music in the UK is being marginalised in all areas. Most noticably BBC Radio and in London's clubs.

I may have missed something said earlier, but why is this happening? You'd think with the popularity of grime with London youth, venues would be capitalizing on this? Is it just the beef and crew wars that make them nervous? May seem ignorant but I'm a few hundred miles away from where all this is happening.

So as not to derail the thread I have to put a good word in for 'Durrty Whirl'... it couldn't be more different from Axiom

gumdrops

its happening cos the industry is run by a bunch of fucking racist tossers, thats why. and the desperation in the industry has also coincided/given them a safe reason to get rid of 'urban' nights. i fail to believe that R&B nights still dont draw the punters but i know people who say its pretty hard now to book R&B nights at clubs or hip hop ones. its sort of like our very own 'black music sucks' movement a la 'disco sucks'.

spooky girlfriend

Wild Horses
i think 'License To Skill' addressed the marketing of 'black music' very astutely and with humour. guy's a genius. can spin a yarn too :D

its happening cos the industry is run by a bunch of fucking racist tossers, thats why. and the desperation in the industry has also coincided/given them a safe reason to get rid of 'urban' nights. i fail to believe that R&B nights still dont draw the punters but i know people who say its pretty hard now to book R&B nights at clubs or hip hop ones. its sort of like our very own 'black music sucks' movement a la 'disco sucks'.

its easier to make more money (club nights) with less perceived risk with indie or whatever
less airport security, x-ray etc...
no one seems to get shot at indie nights - have you seen the security system the Scala has now??? its gay and frustrating, and im sure the met dont help. a small fortnightly grime night would go some way to allay some of the fears i reckon. its just that grime events seem to come once in a blue moon, with massive hype - if we all got more used to them...

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
The issue still stands that the police need to admit it if they cannot handle policing genres of music.

If they cannot police black people in a club, they need to hold their hands up and say so, and then find a solution. not just ban all black-focussed club nights. That's a fuckery.

fldsfslmn

excremental futurism
Sounds like London's got an Olympics problem! It happened to Vancouver too—and is happening—ahead of the 2010 (?) games. All the venues closing down, any undesirable music getting run out of town, etc. Check out these appropriate Olympic gig posters:

olympic-salute1914.jpg

Paris-1924.jpg

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
The issue still stands that the police need to admit it if they cannot handle policing genres of music.

If they cannot police black people in a club, they need to hold their hands up and say so, and then find a solution. not just ban all black-focussed club nights. That's a fuckery.

The recent blanket coverage of south London teen murders will probably ensure this situation doesn't change in the near future.

He was on last night, not last week. thanks for the shout though, forgot about this myself.

edit; mad, he's sampled the exact part of the film that my mate sampled.

(upping now).

Last edited: