Carl Craig sonic art space

oh sure. that's why we have to appeal to his western sensibilities. melody, harmony.

cradle him like he's in his mummy's bosom, slowly let him out into the world to discover the joys of percussive carnal mating. At the moment his sense of rhythm is terrible, I'm not surprised he was ostracised by his friends.

We must secure a future for white people and their ability to retain their semen.

@suspended listen to this and write down your thoughts over its 9 minutes duration. don't worry if it runs in the background.

tune

luka

youre quite drawn to Gus' thing of everything as a kind of status game arent you. positioning. outmanuvering. vicious bloody combat.

like the idea that social hierarchies as an absolute necessity for life to occur? something we can never fully transcend or flatten , cos it would mean death, but we can establish new hierarchies that are more conducive to betterment of the whole, ease suffering etc?

Reactions: sus

luka

Ok explain to me then I’m hungover
Indie is probably the least "in" genre among hip New York gentry, presumably because it's semi-mainstream. If you needa distinguish yourself from the plebs, it's your best option. It's all part of the new highbrow sensibility, which can be described as "listens to everything (except indie)."

• Love

luka

this is why we need to sober you up. get you going out for misty hackney marshes runs at 6am

• Haha
there's always some element of bad faith to cultural taste, we curate and we trade, is that what you mean?

luka

Indie is probably the least "in" genre among hip New York gentry, presumably because it's semi-mainstream. If you needa distinguish yourself from the plebs, it's your best option. It's all part of the new highbrow sensibility, which can be described as "listens to everything (except indie)."
this was a Gus quote. he was explaining why he 'likes' inde. to distinguish himself from the plebs. its a fairly basic play in the game. there's always an element of this in 'liking' music. i wouldnt describe it as bad faith though.

sus

'liking' Mozart as a way to signal partly loyalty to a loosely and sentimentlly defined western tradition but much more importantly to signal antagonism to people who take a rhetorical position against that same loosely defined western inheritance.

the music of Mozart (which no one alive today has ever heard, or would ever want to) never comes into it.
Check my Lastfm asshole, I've listened to Figaro in its entirety multiple times this week, it's a masterwork.

1612105270408.png

sus

thats why he considers a rejection of guitar/indie music by whites as disloyalty to the white race. its not an aesthetic question for him. its about which car you ride with in prison planet.
If I thought about music as a signaling vector believe you me, I wouldn't keep any stocks on indie rock. My very commitment, in defiance of all this board's sensibility's, testifies to my pure relationship with songcraft. A relationship that sceney dance people, whose relationship to music is oriented first around drugs and second around doing drugs with friends, would never understand.

sus

Ohhhh I see what you're getting at

Okay, this is probably in some way true or clever, but it won't pan out for at least 5-10 years as a gambit, and also, I grew up listening to indie, it's what I had all my teenage years to. We all know what that's like. The things you first fall in love to and lose your virginity to and listen to depressed in yr room ages 13-17 are always gonna stay a part of you. There's no exorcising that demon without cutting out a huge part of your soul.

sus

ok you got me I'll admit it, that's not my ONLY relationship to music but I'm interested, or was for a long time