Carl Craig sonic art space

luka

it is game of that nature in addition to being a number of other things and it's also a game that's fun to play and a game that dissensus people in particular pride themselves on being adept at.

sus

btw if you guys call me Spendy or Spendo or similar I can actually find these conversations but sometimes I stumble on an old thread and you guys are saying Gus, Gus, "Gus" is too short a string to search in the forum! I'll never find it!

sus

it is game of that nature in addition to being a number of other things and it's also a game that's fun to play and a game that dissensus people in particular pride themselves on being adept at.
Yes I've seen two varieties of poptimism I thought were aight one was my friend Seb who was obsessed with persona and performance and idolatry the other is here

sus

tho I still don't fully understand the poptimism here because sometimes I see sadmanbarty going all "let's squeeze the nutrients out of this Dido song, make-pretend it's art and we'll appreciate/enjoy it more for the effort" but you've also said this mode is alien to you, w/r/t Showgirls and The Departed

tho I still don't fully understand the poptimism here because sometimes I see sadmanbarty going all "let's squeeze the nutrients out of this Dido song, make-pretend it's art and we'll appreciate/enjoy it more for the effort" but you've also said this mode is alien to you, w/r/t Showgirls and The Departed

There’s an assumption here that we’re aligned on our tastes and criticisms. They aren’t even consistent or coherent at the individual level never mind the forum

luka

it is alien to me. thats his thing. im not into it.

catalog

I've been reading the umberto eco essay on ur-fascism that version posted and it's true there are some fascist tendencies on here, we all exhibit them.

Anti intellectualism is one of the traits identified by eco and so is picking on people for no other reason than to pick on them.

luka

yeah ive always felt its good to be a fascist in al sorts of ways, especially those ones.

1. The cult of tradition. “One has only to look at the syllabus of every fascist movement to find the major traditionalist thinkers. The Nazi gnosis was nourished by traditionalist, syncretistic, occult elements.”
  2. The rejection of modernism. “The Enlightenment, the Age of Reason, is seen as the beginning of modern depravity. In this sense Ur-Fascism can be defined as irrationalism.”
  3. The cult of action for action’s sake. “Action being beautiful in itself, it must be taken before, or without, any previous reflection. Thinking is a form of emasculation.”
  4. Disagreement is treason. “The critical spirit makes distinctions, and to distinguish is a sign of modernism. In modern culture the scientific community praises disagreement as a way to improve knowledge.”
  5. Fear of difference. “The first appeal of a fascist or prematurely fascist movement is an appeal against the intruders. Thus Ur-Fascism is racist by definition.”
  6. Appeal to social frustration. “One of the most typical features of the historical fascism was the appeal to a frustrated middle class, a class suffering from an economic crisis or feelings of political humiliation, and frightened by the pressure of lower social groups.”
  7. The obsession with a plot. “Thus at the root of the Ur-Fascist psychology there is the obsession with a plot, possibly an international one. The followers must feel besieged.”
  8. The enemy is both strong and weak. “By a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.”
  9. Pacifism is trafficking with the enemy. “For Ur-Fascism there is no struggle for life but, rather, life is lived for struggle.”
  10. Contempt for the weak. “Elitism is a typical aspect of any reactionary ideology.”
  11. Everybody is educated to become a hero. “In Ur-Fascist ideology, heroism is the norm. This cult of heroism is strictly linked with the cult of death.”
  12. Machismo and weaponry. “Machismo implies both disdain for women and intolerance and condemnation of nonstandard sexual habits, from chastity to homosexuality.”
  13. Selective populism. “There is in our future a TV or Internet populism, in which the emotional response of a selected group of citizens can be presented and accepted as the Voice of the People.”
  14. Ur-Fascism speaks Newspeak. “All the Nazi or Fascist schoolbooks made use of an impoverished vocabulary, and an elementary syntax, in order to limit the instruments for complex and critical reasoning.”

luka

thats why Stans project to rehabilitate fascism is a very promising one. i wish him all the best.

Reactions: sus

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I've been reading the umberto eco essay on ur-fascism that version posted and it's true there are some fascist tendencies on here, we all exhibit them.

Anti intellectualism is one of the traits identified by eco and so is picking on people for no other reason than to pick on them.

that's a terrible essay.

Uniformly rejected by all fascist studies scholars cos it basically makes anything vaguely authoritarian fascist - the equivalent of one of gus's fuck buddies in college trying to lecture a brown terrorist and falling on her arse.

no, Roger Griffin's definition of fascism is much more consistent. Palingenetic ultranationalism powered by a leadership who reinstitute a modernisation drive under the guise of purging degenerate and decadent tendancies from the nation.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
elitism is not fascism and i think you'd find that fascism is against elites in many ways.

I won't cancel you lot though cos you're cuddly psychedelic elitists at heart. And like gus's fuck buddy all I have to do is own up to @shiels white feminist conscious guilt and he'll be melting into my arms and asking where I can take him to be sodomised by Genghis Khan lookalikes.

Also @craner actually knows a thing or two about fascism. Treasure him, smart man.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
If I thought about music as a signaling vector believe you me, I wouldn't keep any stocks on indie rock. My very commitment, in defiance of all this board's sensibility's, testifies to my pure relationship with songcraft. A relationship that sceney dance people, whose relationship to music is oriented first around drugs and second around doing drugs with friends, would never understand.

That's strange given that Americans have not written a single good song in their entire history. Not one.

We are the masters of songcraft bitch.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Must hurt so much that a man with Lebanese ancestry had to teach you guys how to truly rock and not imitate black rnb.