Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I actually just rewatched The Great Silence the other night, since its been added to the Criterion Channel in their new collection called Snow Westerns. I first saw it at Film Forum in NYC, probably with a slice of their apricot pie or whatever that unusual cinema snack they have is. Truly enjoyable film. You can see how much The Hateful Eight was inspired by it.

Also, great poster:

Great%2BSilence%252C%2BThe%2B%25281968%2529.jpg

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Are there that many? The only others that come to mind aside from the two you've mentioned are Jeremiah Johnson and McCabe & Mrs. Miller.
The collection has maybe a dozen films, most of which I haven't seen.

I've also seen Dark Valley which isn't on the list. I Just watched McCabe too, which I loved.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I actually just rewatched The Great Silence the other night, since its been added to the Criterion Channel in their new collection called Snow Westerns. I first saw it at Film Forum in NYC, probably with a slice of their apricot pie or whatever that unusual cinema snack they have is. Truly enjoyable film. You can see how much The Hateful Eight was inspired by it.

Also, great poster:

Great%2BSilence%252C%2BThe%2B%25281968%2529.jpg
Hateful-Eight-poster-900.jpg

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
That poster's better than the film.
Yeah I thought the film was enjoyable, and as usual with Tarantino it had great dialogue, but yeah I don’t think the film is much more than that. Don’t think it was trying to be, either. Just another Tarantino spaghetti passion project, which I am all for.

luka

hateful eight is the worst film ive ever seen. better than that pochohontas film malick did but otherwise just obnoxious and stupid in a mean spiritied way. you know if someone likes it theyre thick as shit.

luka

must be so shit to be a dickhead brother with no talent or good looks. 3rd gallagher brother. youd feel subhuman