IdleRich

IdleRich
Yesterday I went to see my friend DJ-ing at Desterro, he had to play a trance set cos someone dropped out.
He was looking supercool

IMG_20230906_162636.jpg

This tune stood out

shakahislop

started listening to her earlier this year for a couple of weeks when I was off work so I'm primed to like this, a continuation of something, I'm in the zone etc. this just came out but it's that rare thing of an immediate like straight out of the gates. she sounds hurt and barely restrained. sounds like high stakes

shakahislop

its weird with the barty book, its at least a year since i read it but it still sits in my mind when i listen to this kind of thing. it's like he drew a map

DLaurent

Trying to find the Liquid DnB track with the vocal sample"Trying to find a better way" threw up an Isley Brothers track called Trying to see Another Day. It's not that. It's sometihng like this that must sample Willie Hutch or similar. Sounds like Hauntology.

william_kent

vindicated!

can't be bothered to click?

the Night Dubbing LP is true to the "spirit of dub". Big chart hits by a pop band taken apart and rebuilt into dub versions that could then be played at The Paradise Garage, rather than the school discos and Saturday night meat markets that were their former home. Here's the dub of Flashback, a massive hit, containing just enough of its original vocal hook and melody to provide familiarity but bringing the drum and bass elements to the fore. The album was also true to the original spirit of dub as an entire album of recycled material could be sold to the public making money for the producers without having to pay any musicians..