IdleRich

IdleRich
Another one of those annoying ones which came to my attention cos Liza was needle-dropping through loads of my records that I never really listen to - on hearing this one for a few secs she decided it was worthy of checking fully and she stuck it in her bag for her gig in Germany last week where apparently it totally ripped it up... now I have to figure out how to extract it from her sticky, thieving little hands, ideally before we travel to Porto this weekends for a couple of gigs...

wektor

Another one of those annoying ones which came to my attention cos Liza was needle-dropping through loads of my records that I never really listen to - on hearing this one for a few secs she decided it was worthy of checking fully and she stuck it in her bag for her gig in Germany last week where apparently it totally ripped it up... now I have to figure out how to extract it from her sticky, thieving little hands, ideally before we travel to Porto this weekends for a couple of gigs...

Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 14.14.15.png

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen

@brittanybolton7617

1 year ago
Jersey need a huge speaker in the sky over the entire state blasting this.

1 reply

@colaholmes8045

@colaholmes8045

10 months ago
💯
💯

IdleRich

IdleRich
yeah, and chloe savigny apparently did a stint at the liquid sky record shop for a while. We're not talking about the Manhattan cultural mafia are we though! We're talking about proper rust belt indie land, not hipster indie.

Hence why I said from within the indie rock tradition, but too arty and weird to be accepted by tr00 sk00l indie fans, so t6hey became a kind of outsider indietronica.
We're in Porto to DJ and I've just been told that the big art gallery is having a special event staying open for fifty hours straight and featuring live performances from Mouse On Mars and 808 State - free entry but we are catching the bus back to Lisbon at 7am straight after we finish playing so we can't catch it.

william_kent

top tip: NEVER answer your front door unless previously arranged, ALWAYS maintain a strict "appointment only" policy

I have to admit I recently made the mistake of ignoring my own advice TWICE on the same day, but only because I was anticipating the delivery of a box set

first unwanted knock was the Jo-jo's and after a question about what I thought about the "bible" I fucked them off with a "i've got a zoom work meeting in a few seconds" and they gave me a copy of the WatchTower, straight into the bin

second was more disturbing - It turns out I'm on a "list" - the "wellbeing team" knocked at my door and asked "am I managing?", which i took to mean that the window cleaners have reported that my kitchen counter may have been consumed by empty bottles of rum ( it's a long way downstairs to the recycling bins so the recycling of glass may build up, whatever ) - I may have been a bit passive aggressive which they countered with a threat of the "neighbourhood officer" visiting this week which sent me into a frenzy of frantic cleaning up and I revealed a "crate" of vinyl that was previously inaccessible

and one of the 12 inches i re-discovered was this

MS05MDYxLmpwZWc.jpeg

Threshold - Ease Off ( Scandal Version ) - Foundation X FDX 006 ( 2016 )

Dennis "crown prince of reggae" Brown overdubbed on frenetic Amen breaks - what's not to like?

laid back / ADHD dichotomy

source material, build your own:

Dennis Brown - Easy Take It Easy | Studio One )

The Winstons - Amen Brother

IdleRich

IdleRich
I have to admit I made the mistake of ignoring my own advice TWICE on the same day, but only because I was anticipating the delivery of a box set
Yeah this can be a real dilemma, bell rings and it's basically fifty fifty between that bailiff who has been sending increasingly aggressive letters about some unpaid bill they claim you owe from 2007, or that rare twelve you splashed out on two weeks ago and which should appear any day now... normally I bite my nails for two min and finally take the plunge to discover it's some moron after the neighbour.

william_kent

Yeah this can be a real dilemma, bell rings and it's basically fifty fifty between that bailiff who has been sending increasingly aggressive letters about some unpaid bill they claim you owe from 2007, or that rare twelve you splashed out on two weeks ago and which should appear any day now... normally I bite my nails for two min and finally take the plunge to discover it's some moron after the neighbour.

yeah, some of those dicks you can fuck off at the front door, "you need a warrant mate", and then give them a false name, but really I just want to take command of the "holy grail" I ordered a couple of weeks ago

barely legal

like i say, NEVER answer your front door without an appointment, it's easy enough to rearrange a delivery with the Royal Mail

william_kent

Also sampled in one of Dub Rush’s finest

choooooon

k

I gave you a :love: emoji for that

but that means i'm going to have to pay big money for an unavailable 12 ( just checked on discogs, nothing available )

in my raving days we'd have shouted out "choon"

thanks for the tip, I'm on a mission now

edit: so much better than the tune I originally posted

edit: added to my discogs and ebay wantlists / alerts ( DM if you have a copy for sale, i need this in what remains of my life )

edit: fuck, this tune rules, on repeat

edit: weirdly there was one press of this that was already in my discogs wantlist, almost vindicated

edit:

@dilbert1 claims tune of the month

DJ Dub Rush – Dub Conspiracy Part 2

fucking huge

immense

"selection come from all direction" *

* ( i've stolen this phrase from a greensleeves press release for a soundbwoy butrial tune but one hundred percent apt for this tune )

wektor

re Cherry family and their doings, there's apparently an exhibit on at ICA with Moki Cherry's work.
big improv band playing on july 1st too:

IdleRich

IdleRich
There is an act we're trying to book to come play with/for us in Lisbon, but I don't wanna say who it is in case it doesn't work out. Anyway, during communications with them we've been checking their mixes, playlists, boiler room etc and one track was this cool kinda sleazy new beat gone lounge funk thing what I never heard before. What you reckon?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Someone on NTS played this the other day, apparently a big anthem for the Miami youth around 2005

Thought it was terrible at first but by the end I had the hook lodged in my head forever