POETIX

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
@suspended Ok boss

If you look at crumbly monuments that dot the old world into the Middle East (the light of the East), plot their evolution and broaden any interpretations worth engaging with beyond geomancy, phenomenology is a first class way in. That’s my primary mode of moving around maps. Not Robert McfuckinFarlan or pastoralist cheese, but mnemonic prehistory - presence, absence and a theory set that’s appallingly titled

Take from phenomenology and neurology - an extinct culture that speckled a landscape you walk across today was human and neurologically identical

Take from neurosciences - not materialist specifically, more systems analysis and trauma clients with neural damage that can be alleviated with psychedelics, yet have to wait inordinate numbers of years accessing care. If you look at recent brain imaging breakthroughs, they haven’t cracked the innate magic of these experiences but developed more finely tuned insights into how our psyches work and how these compounds heal

If you have to process acute psychological trauma, which is phenomenologically ineffable due to disconnection from self, dissociation and where language frequently breaks down, understanding how we can move beyond sertraline is a big step

We are lived by powers we pretend to understand, as the bards put it

sus

@suspended Ok boss

If you look at crumbly monuments that dot the old world into the Middle East (the light of the East), plot their evolution and broaden any interpretations worth engaging with beyond geomancy, phenomenology is a first class way in. That’s my primary mode of moving around maps. Not Robert McfuckinFarlan or pastoralist cheese, but mnemonic prehistory - presence, absence and a theory set that’s appallingly titled

I don't know what all the sentences mean but I ADORE the prose and sentence construction

sus

I'm thinking about the way my mom at some point in her 40s decided to hire a Hispanic house cleaner to come once every two weeks, take some of the domestic chores off her plate, but she always felt very self conscious about having someone clean up after her/making Maria do the dirty work so she would spend an hour or two cleaning the house before Maria came. So it was just like sanitizing and dusting and stuff the whole house already tidy.

sus

I'm not sure if it was a white/Hispanic thing or a class thing but either way she wasn't comfortable with the concept of help labor very funny to me

sus

It's a good thing though isn't it even if it's a bit silly and unnecessary it's a beautiful instinct I admire it I really do

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Just look at every cunt and their Nan out walking since the pandemic. Britain isn’t a continent, it’s almost completely bleached out in places, but everyone went full backyard militia here since Covid hit, awe and wonder with Nature being the wellspring of cognitive health etc pic of packed parked cars along roads in Snowdonia. People moved home in ever greater numbers, space as currency. Tim Ingold’s Dwelling Perspective is a lark here (not really, but)

Another example might the no fear climber Alex Honnold. Anyone who watches the documentary on him knows something is slightly off. His risk assessments, safe-guarding and all the due diligence moved through, creating a myriad of mental maps of various routes, repeating each over and over is a complete mindfuck phenomenologically. What does that feel like, to be driving that human?

Neurologically his amygdala scanned as wonky, that is his fear boundaries lay well within his risk boundaries. Calm allows for clearer thinking and greater accuracy, so you can access flow states more readily, see box breathing too just Honnold defies the framework altogether. I love peaks, not like that cunt though is it

luka

Geared up to distinguish phenomenology from neurological imaging eg MRI’s, realised Gus is lazy/dismissive and thought what‘s the point - a lad who doesn’t believe in archetypes while drawing a Tarot every day
like the woman drawing water on the star card oblivious to the celestial light above
so nice to come home to see this top quality abuse and be reminded why i love my home and my lads

luka

im far too intoxicated to engage with the intellectually sophisticated portion of the discussion. i will return to it in the morning
and sort everyone out.

sus

I'm really not feeling like the amygdala is getting us much mileage in understanding Alex, compared to the phenomenology and theory of mind work you did

woops

is not like other people
Yes exactly it doesnt tell us anything. Medieval instrument
grimaudmarseilles1.jpg

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
I'm really not feeling like the amygdala is getting us much mileage in understanding Alex, compared to the phenomenology and theory of mind work you did

The amygdala is your brain’s fire alarm. If it isn’t firing and your body doesn’t get exposed to the stress hormone cortisol, your risk assessments will be very different to atypical amygdala function. So, we have this spider man bloke scaling summits untethered, no safety back up, if he falls it’s over. One slip, it’s over. Move after move upward, finger tips, feet, knees, elbows and shoulders straining constantly. Very different to at altitude climbing, where oxygen and the weather are your main concerns

All the phenomenological guesswork about sensory engagement in the world was opened up when his brain was scanned. He had no fear. Not as we might interpret or experience it. Through varying brain functions he could mediate with his risk analysis differently, as he wasn’t soaked with cortisol. A phenomenology of Alex H would be seriously good paper, you could push through the neurological function or dysfunction and pivot towards the subjects you’re interested in

luka

ive got a friend whos a neuroscience guy he teaches it at university and i know other people who have studied it to a high level and they all are sure about one thing, and that is that its a load of bollocks. so in this case Gus is 100% right