The Crisis of Masculinity

I
Actually asking for many friends, the League of Asexual Dialecticians, or lads as we call each other.
mate it’s very evident that you have got much much stupider by posting here. if you go back and read your first posts when I was encouraging you. You’re now readable but at what cost? Lobotomised yourself emotionally and intellectually to fit in with a load of middle aged alcoholic jungle fans you’ll never meet?

william_kent

I

mate it’s very evident that you have got much much stupider by posting here. if you go back and read your first posts when I was encouraging you. You’re now readable but at what cost? Lobotomised yourself emotionally and intellectually to fit in with a load of middle aged alcoholic jungle fans you’ll never meet?

but some of us alkies pump up his ego, like I may have called him "king of neologism"

and, respect, I thought my brother was hardcore when he smoked a bowl of hash before he parachuted, but our boy Clint* was TRIPPING ON ACID when he was in free fall

* I think we're supposed to call him Stan, but that was when he was @Constant whatever, now he's @Clinamenic I'm going to refer to him as Clint, way cooler name

This is precisely the crisis of masculinity in action is it not, fragile young yank genius contorting himself to laddism to Please older men who had minor sway 20 years ago

See if you’re ever worried about being stupid or unintelligible and that … just keep saying the word precise, precision, precisely and people just submit to it. One weird trick

The Italians are great at the exacting thing yeah, one of the reasons sopranos is so satisfying is the code and conviction and precision of mafia

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I

And the worst part is, I still don’t even know what jungle is.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Knowing I can boomerang from readable laddishness to unreadable hyperfocused singularity and back - IE not become psychotic at that far end - is deeply reassuring, for if I want to plot a deeper course at some point.

Something my mum said when I was young sticks in my head, it was something like ‘you lower yourself to fit in with your mates’ and I was disgusted, probably because of some truth that I was ashamed of, young men obv try to prove themselves and I was doing that, but also disgusted by the hierarchy she had in her head

The whole point of being masculine is you don’t think about it, it’s just natural. As soon as you consider your own masculinity it disappears and is very gay

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Something my mum said when I was young sticks in my head, it was something like ‘you lower yourself to fit in with your mates’ and I was disgusted, probably because of some truth that I was ashamed of, young men obv try to prove themselves and I was doing that, but also disgusted by the hierarchy she had in her head
Theres also the jading force, of learning that not all effort to change the world is equally effective, that much of it is practically ineffective, that that one ought to be exceedingly clever in determining where such effort is to be applied if jadedness is to be avoided.