Great 2 Step?

swears

preppy-kei
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

swears

preppy-kei
How could we a have this thread without this classic?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mos dan

fact music
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=48278385854
n48278385854_9243.jpg

late notice but ramsey and fen at the old blue last tonight, prob popping down..

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

:D

craner

Beast of Burden
There's been a lot of Artful Dodger bashing on this thread, but I would like to point out that this remains a beautiful thing. The smashed glass!

I think Reynolds pointed out at the time that a young man crooning the words "real hardcore" was a big advance for British music. Well said.

Sunship were great remix hacks back in the day. They did a lovely one for this track, which I can't find on youtube, but I'll post the original because I love it, and I love the video too. Boxing!

Ory

warp drive
not 2step but..

bad boy indeed.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm looking to buy some old garage tunes, is discogs the best option? There aren't any vintage garage shops online are there?

Benny Bunter

I'm looking to buy some old garage tunes, is discogs the best option? There aren't any vintage garage shops online are there?

Buy ex-DJ job lots. Any vintage garage stuff in online shops has looked well pricey.

Over the last couple of months I've splashed out on two job lots of garage on ebay and I haven't been disappointed. The last one I got was 170 records for £75 and there's tons of great stuff in there, I'm still sifting through them. Was a bit of a risk cos the seller hadn't listed them all, just a selection but it turned out he hadn't mentioned all the best stuff (fr'instance there was a copy of Groove Chronicles/Myron 'big ron EP' in there) so I ended up with lots of lovely surprises. Maybe 5-10% duds, but at this price I'm not complaining.

I'd definitely recommend job lots to build up your collection. You can save loads of money and if its a DJ's collection, and you recognise and like some of the tracks listed there's a good chance that the mystery tunes will be decent too. I got loads of white labels/bootlegs/Test pressings etc. that I would probably never of heard if I hadn't splashed out. And its a proper buzz to have a massive box of tunes turn up at your door for you to dive into :cool:

I wasn't 'there' at the time you see, so I've been trying to catch up on what I missed. Crash course in Garage!

BareBones

wheezy

definitely what benny said, and i'd also point you towards http://www.dnrvinyl.co.uk which is quite pricey but good if you're looking for one particular tune. they also have some good stuff on sale a lot of the time.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Yeah maybe that's the best idea

I can see plenty of tunes on discogs but paying for postage from loads of different people could get pricey...

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm not really up for bidding on something and then losing it at the last minute.

I'm scared like that.