maxi

I don't remember inferno well but I remember thinking the imagery felt random rather than abstract. looked nice but with no lasting power. that's why I've forgotten it. maybe I should watch it again though and think about alchemy and the esoteric power of elements.

craner

Beast of Burden
I sold my old copy because I was expecting Arrow to do a 4K Ultra HD disc like they did for Profondo Rosso and Tenebrae, but I jumped the gun because apparently it's tied up in a rights issue.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Just watched this one on BFI player. A few minor missteps but overall a beautiful, compassionate and dare I say it without putting my monocle in? a Chekhovian drama. Strong strong Ozu influence, too.

Films like this are actually fairly unsentimental but they always make me feel I should be kinder to people, starting with my ageing parents.

Directed by the director of Shoplifters @luka

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Actually probably don't watch the trailer cos it'll spoil some things and the cheery music misrepresents it a bit

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed

Just watched this one on BFI player. A few minor missteps but overall a beautiful, compassionate and dare I say it without putting my monocle in? a Chekhovian drama. Strong strong Oxu influence, too.

Films like this are actually fairly unsentimental but they always make me feel I should be kinder to people, starting with my ageing parents.

Directed by the director of Shoplifters @luka
I just watched this a couple nights ago!

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Thanks for the offer though

I'm sure with the right cracked fire stick I could get it for free but I don't get down like that/can't be bothered to procure one

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Had a discussion the other day at a work lunch about what living in America has going for it and I couldn't really think of much

I assume if you live in the right place/socioeconomic bracket it's a very high standard of living