The cannabis debate

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
You're in your element then. it's a stupid drug. stupid and pointless.

It makes a lot of people dumb, luckily it didn't do that with me but I used to read economics and history books on it. But if you don't employ that kind of discipline it can completely turn you into a potato. worthless really.

• Wow
Reactions: sus

sus

I always wondered why they sold such enormous pre-rolls, I thought, no one is possibly finishing this thing except at a big party, it's impossible for a single person to finish one of these, you would die

luka

It's interesting that this is such a core Dissensus experience, what does it say, is it convergent evolution, is it people finding their people, or was it the memes on the board, did it drive them to this place of psychosis
everyone that grew up in the 90s did this

• Wow

sus

I'm in such awe, my whole world is re-configuring, all sorts of things I didn't believe were possible might be true, as if I saw some fantastic beast, or an act of god

sus

Did sobriety feel empty for a long time after? Was it trippy being sober, was it a bit like being intoxicated after setting your default consciousness to stoned?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Did sobriety feel empty for a long time after? Was it trippy being sober, was it a bit like being intoxicated after setting your default consciousness to stoned?

nah, just meant i gave a shit about daily comings and goings and became bad tempered. that's it really. eventually you don't even feel the herb so there's nothing to miss.

• Wow

luka

v trippy being sober. felt like a stranger in my own body.

• Wow

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
happy people are genuinely some of the most irritating people on this planet. overly miserable people are bad also, but happy people are the worst. you just want to grind their poxy faces into the ground.

Dissociation and sardonic detachment is the key.

• Haha

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I don't have a problem with being told to do something, just let me do it efficiently. if that means I am frothing with rage to accelerate the process, that's a good thing. K-Punk didn't get this, he was too much in that RATM weltanschauung.

sus

Are you ever tempted going back then? Since you would feel the herb again? Or do you think the good magic never really returns?

luka

it never returns. or only in a modest way for the first smoke. it've had binges since. i had one at the start of 2017. i was in the middle of one while you were in london. i had a weed gummies one earlier this year.
initially it does help with writing. it jiggles something loose. i did the day dostoyevsky discovered the meaning of life in a dream on the gummies. i did vegetable empire in 2017 while it was snowing heavily in spring and i was feeling desperate.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Are you ever tempted going back then? Since you would feel the herb again? Or do you think the good magic never really returns?

Nah it's not good magic it's that feeling that you can retreat back into your head. which then means you don't give a shit about social obligations, which then triggers the paranoia. Maybe if I became a billionaire and never had to ever attend to anything until I died I could enjoy it. otherwise there's no enjoying it ever again. Not that we ever really had a chance to enjoy it, london is too claustrophobic.

MDMA is different, way speedier, so you can convert that introspection into stomping away in some warehouse.

luka

the other aspect is that if you have been a teen/YA smoker you've had so much grief about it, mums, women giving you a hard time about it that the whole thing becomes coloured with guilt and defiance and all sorts of gross stuff overlaying the expereience soils it

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
women don't have to become autistic and mute when smoking. that's the thing. that's an obligation hoisted on men. America is different cuss you smoke to liven up things whereas here it's to lower the tempo. otherwise we'll all go psycho and kill each other.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I do think this is due to cramping. if you avoid your parents you can't avoid hashim who knows your parents nemesis. and tony the heroin dealer who nicked your mums car stereo in 1993.