noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
so you live in the east village?
Not exactly.
north-laines04.jpg

Looks quaint doesn't it? Don't be fooled. :eek:

zhao

there are no accidents
from my observations, pink shirts for men went from 100% homo to 100% trendy for straights somewhere around 2002-3. can't be sure. I personally like them a lot, in keeping with certain stereotypical ideas some of you have of me. but in reality I'm more like this than the above pic:

chinese_ghost_story3_1.jpg

xinsrc_1220402210911296246043.jpg

and the second pic brings up another thing that bugs me: when the tie is seen protruding from under the last button of the jacket. for me the tie should never hang below the belt, and if it's too long I will do a double knot around the neck. and what is it with the ads where models tucking in their ties? has anyone seen this in real life?

but the number one thing that does me head in EVERY FUCKING TIME: government bureaucracy. trying to get a simple "residency permit" is like pulling a rhino's teeth! :mad:

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
Fucking knob heads who drive home in a JCB in rush hour, jesus h, I hope your single bed eats you alive you cock jockey.

N

nomadologist

ok... 2 votes against... 3 would seal the deal (looking at you nomad)

but i'm not giving up my see-through black tops or pointy shoes though! :p

totally depends on the boots

i would have to see them. and the top half of the outfit (can't wear boots over pants with the wrong jacket)

pointy shoes are fine on guys, but those stilletto pumps with insane killer witch points on girls are very out

ripley

roffle...it's the sharp and unforgiving pendulum swing that keeps fashion producing if not productive. if it's ultra pointy toes and very high heels on women's shoes for a while (i remember when these looked so sharp!), then it's going to be very round flats within a couple of seasons.

one of my fashion pet peeves is bra straps showing, especially under a spaghetti-strap tank. just buy a strapless bra! they don't cost more than like $10.

not a huge fan of bra straps + spaghetti strap tanks. But I find strapless bras and that little band of rubber that's supposed to keep them up incredibly uncomfortable. I can't suggest them as a solution.

BUt probably for the same reason I find strapless bras uncomfortable I don't wearmany spaghetti strap tanks. What I hate is that tank tops seem rarely to be designed to cover bra straps (high end sleeveless tops have a little snap built in sometimes so you can hold the strap in place --genius).

I hate high waisted jeans too. unflattering on everyone, especially girls with a figure.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The use of verbs as adjectives without bothering to make them past participles. It's an American thing, I've found: "that is so cliché", "he was really tan", "skim milked" etc. - as oppsed to clichéd, tanned, skimmed. Gah.

RobJC

Check your weapon
using the email system to write essays (its a messaging system, idiot) - people who write in the 3rd person - groups of people who stand at the bar to drink - people who send out those Christmas messages with an essay on how their life has been over the last year with a cocksmug picture of themselves and the kids on the front in matching christmas jumpers infront of a fucking tree.

zhao

there are no accidents
people that, in this day and age, don't know what to do with a .zip or .sit file. WTF?!?!

Lichen

Lynch was on Radio 4 this morning. He and Donovan are hoping to introduce transcendental meditation to state schools in the UK.

Good luck to them!