Client Eastwood

This or when they answer they walk out of the room...

Yes!

More phone rage is when people in the office tut tut at a mobile phone ringing and expect you to answer it right away but have no problem with a landline ringing for ages. There is a group pick up, now use it.

......... and r e l a x

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
Yes!

More phone rage is when people in the office tut tut at a mobile phone ringing and expect you to answer it right away but have no problem with a landline ringing for ages. There is a group pick up, now use it.

......... and r e l a x

Or people who have tones on the keypad, got stuck in Moscow on a packed bus with a guy typing a book on his :) I could have killed him with ease!

mixed_biscuits

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
Sneezes that take forever to arrive. Dealing with a bastard end of winter cold at the moment and I seem to be dealing with phantom sneezes about 5 times a day :mad:

4linehaiku

Repetitive
People who walk around when on a mobile phone. Cant you stand still and talk. Got one hovering around right now. What do you do when you take a call sat at your desk ?

Stand still you fk.

Hmm I do this all the time. Is it really that annoying? I may attempt to restrain myself in future.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Ok, another really kind of strange thing just happened at my school.

Last night I asked a professor if I could hand in a more revised copy of a lab report, and he said, yes, just drop it in my mailbox (they have folders on their doors for this purpose) within the next day or so.

So I go to do this at about 8 last night. It's only my paper and some other print out of something in the mailbox. Then I get home and realize later that I could've made still more revisions, make them, and then find that the building's closed so I can't switch the papers. So I think, I'll go first thing in the morning before he gets in.

I just went over there at 7, and nobody is in the building, but my other paper wasn't in his door, either. The print out is still there.

WTF? There's no way he was in his office all night just sitting there? With the door closed and the light off? And he didn't seem to be there this morning either. So I'm guessing a student stole it or something?

Anyway I put the better copy in. We'll see what he says...

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Ok, another really kind of strange thing just happened at my school.

Last night I asked a professor if I could hand in a more revised copy of a lab report, and he said, yes, just drop it in my mailbox (they have folders on their doors for this purpose) within the next day or so.

So I go to do this at about 8 last night. It's only my paper and some other print out of something in the mailbox. Then I get home and realize later that I could've made still more revisions, make them, and then find that the building's closed so I can't switch the papers. So I think, I'll go first thing in the morning before he gets in.

I just went over there at 7, and nobody is in the building, but my other paper wasn't in his door, either. The print out is still there.

WTF? There's no way he was in his office all night just sitting there? With the door closed and the light off? And he didn't seem to be there this morning either. So I'm guessing a student stole it or something?

Anyway I put the better copy in. We'll see what he says...

Never underestimate the thrill of late night sex in one's office.

massrock

Yes I caught someone doing that. No, you didn't ring the bell I was sitting right by it and I saw the whole thing. Lol etc.

Last edited:

STN

sou'wester
If you've decided in advance that ringing my doorbell is too taxing for you then please write the "You Were Out" card in the van, leaning it on a solid object, rather than leaning it on thin air and waving a pen at it, that way I can actually read the reference when number I call the sorting office to do your job for you.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
but she's being gently mocking, right? I think it's a good article, esp:

"It's an odd misconception that you should somehow feel connected to a far-flung country because your ancestors lived there centuries ago, even if your entire life has been spent morris dancing in Loughborough."

, except that it doesn't delve at all into the thought patterns behind the exoticism/orientalism that she is clearly talking about.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'm finding it hard to believe someone in London would get asked all the time about where they were "from" unless they spoke with some obviously non-English accent. I'm not saying she's making it up (exaggerating for the sake of the article, maybe), just that it seems slightly odd. I mean, London's had a huge non-white and mixed-race population for generations now, plenty of people with African or Asian ancestry will be from families that have lived here for many decades.

The idea that she got asked if she "goes to 'temple'" is hilarious - I can only imagine she was asked this by another person of Indian, perhaps even Parsee, origin. Or Alf Garnett.

Edit: from the comments thread...

Perhaps so. However, I, upon initiating interaction with a person I've never met or seen before, typically utter something along the lines of, "hello, my name is Buckenheimer, may I ask yours?" And if after some conversation, if both parties experience some reasonable amount of chemistry and at least some modicum of comfort, the ethnicity question might be contextually appropriate.

Oh my god. This hypersensitive prick sounds like he'd consider it a gross sexual faux-pas to notice a stranger's gender.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I'm finding it hard to believe someone in London would get asked all the time about where they were "from" unless they spoke with some obviously non-English accent. I'm not saying she's making it up (exaggerating for the sake of the article, maybe), just that it seems slightly odd. I mean, London's had a huge non-white and mixed-race population for generations now, plenty of people with African or Asian ancestry will be from families that have lived here for many decades.

The idea that she got asked if she "goes to 'temple'" is hilarious - I can only imagine she was asked this by another person of Indian, perhaps even Parsee, origin. Or Alf Garnett.

the second paragraph, agreed.

As to frequently being asked where she's from, i totally believe that. Seen it happen to my non-white friends a lot.