Awesome Tapes From Africa

tyranny

yes! seem this one before, some great stuff to be found on there!

"le vrai wem teng clan" being the height of the ghana contingents hip hop offerings!

i have a mate travelling africa at the moment with strict instructions to bring back as much music he carry for me

:)

trouc

trouc
This is great man, thanks. I'm a total sucker for malian guitar music, so they had me with their first post.

zhao

there are no accidents
yip that is an awesome blog. the amount of raw musical talent in africa is just so staggering... if only they had more access to recording studios and better distribution!

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
yip that is an awesome blog. the amount of raw musical talent in africa is just so staggering... if only they had more access to recording studios and better distribution!

Zhao do you want to ressurect my harebrained scheme to found an NGO to provide drum machines and 4 tracks to villages all over Africa? Maybe Bono would throw some money at it, or at least steal the idea for himself.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Zhao do you want to ressurect my harebrained scheme to found an NGO to provide drum machines and 4 tracks to villages all over Africa? Maybe Bono would throw some money at it, or at least steal the idea for himself.

I'd back that one.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Look for bargains here in a good cause:

http://www.africabookcentre.com/acatalog/index.html

Dear Colleague,

The Africa Book Centre is currently stock-rich, but cash-poor and if this
situation isn't reversed over the next month or two, we will be forced to
consider closing for good. If you value our service and want us to continue
providing a very wide range of books from and about Africa, you can help by
buying something from our clearance sale catalogues. They are arranged in five
sections: music, language, children's, travel and bargain books. Discounts are
from 30% to 70% off usual retail price and there are hundreds of genuine
bargains on offer. You will find the sale at:
www.africabookcentre.com/acatalog/index.html

Orders can be placed online at www.africabookcentre.com or if you prefer by
email to africabookcentre@btconnect.com or orders@africabookcentre.com or by fax
to +44 (0)1273 500 650 or by post to the address below..

Please note: we respect your privacy, so if you do not wish to receive these
mailings, please reply with REMOVE in the email subject field. If you don't get
an ackowledgement from us of your removal from the mailing list, please keep
trying as we have been experiencing a high volume of mail rejected by our
service provider.

Thank you.

sufi

lala
Our shop in London's Covent Garden area has closed during the Africa Centre's planned three-year redevelopment. We are now operating solely as a mail order bookseller, but you are welcome to browse the stock in person by appointment.

http://www.africabookcentre.com/
wow so glad to hear they're still operating, even if only virtually

The Africa Centre has been in 38 King Street, Covent Garden, since it opened its doors to the public in 1964. If the proposed deal to sell a leasehold interest in 38 King Street goes ahead, the Centre will move premises. We are committed to our new home being in central London. The Africa Centre will most definitely remain open for business in its new home.

http://www.africacentre.org.uk/