Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
The funky remix of the tune LV did with Rubi Dan, Crossfire, is just fantastic, lush, sweet, banging, total dancefloor ecstasy.

Original ain't bad either.

alex

Do not read this.
oh yea!^

definately, didnt back the last one, would love to go to the next 1 (if there is one)

wouldnt mind seeing scratcha again, he destroyed it the other week & @ the last beyond...

franz

there's quite a bit of nice vocal biz on the most recent Mak/Marcus b2b set on rinse. is there a producer called 'Screamer', by chance? wasn't sure if i quite caught what marcus said. couple of nice tunes maybe 30 mins in... "Summer Breeze"?

Immryr

roska's Uncle Bakongo stuff makes it pretty obvious that african music is obviously a big influence in at least some funky.

benjybars

village elder.
i'm really feelin Princess Nyah's new single...
big riddim, and the video is pretty good considering it's basically crap.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

franz

so what radio shows are people following lately?

i heard some interesting Kismet productions somewhere, anyone follow his sets? i think i grabbed one a long while back, which i dismissed as not up my alley pretty quickly, but i'm wondering if that was premature.

aside from Danny Native, who is worth checking on Deja these days? and what of the other pirates? are there many funky/uk house pirates at this point?

Could be that I've missed it, but I was surprised not to have seen anyone here bigging up Slackk for his glock-toting 'Fire Flies' riddim, as played by Dusk & Blackdown on Rinse last month. Good effort son.
Alongside Grievous' x-large Ice Rink refix it looks like Dissensus' own are behind this morning's genre d'heure Gunky. Ha, er, ha..

mms

sometimes
please id this lovely tune, maybe american, languid husky female voice that goes ' all i want is for you to come home all i want is for you to ....., over some gentle rhodes, very tuneful almost mantra like, funky but 'soulful funky house' rather lovely... what is?