baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
ok, totally out of the loop on funky....look up for two months and I have no idea what anyone's talking about any more.

Are Mak 10/Marcus still the go-to DJs for a quick aural synopsis of recent events?

Could be that I've missed it, but I was surprised not to have seen anyone here bigging up Slackk for his glock-toting 'Fire Flies' riddim, as played by Dusk & Blackdown on Rinse last month. Good effort son.
Alongside Grievous' x-large Ice Rink refix it looks like Dissensus' own are behind this morning's genre d'heure Gunky. Ha, er, ha..

Cheers bruv, much appreciated. I'm going to give it away at the end of this week I think, little free EP.

continuum

smugpolice
skepta's lyrics >>>>>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ach!

Turd on the Run
<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

Tomas

Scotty D - Sound / Liberty whites back in at Phonica (and possibly elsewhere too), for those like me who missed it first time round...

Also the Lil Silva Drop the Lime remix is incredible, kind of like Lil S turning in a contribution to Radio Slave's Cabin Fever Trax series

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Looking forward to this hackman mix. Like you say in your blog, really does seem like a lot of new producers are coming through at the moment. All good.

gragy10

Veteran Lurker
Without a doubt - well impressed at how much his style develops between batches of tunes.
Big up Martin for the interview - always interesting hearing from the up & comers (Desto etc)

4linehaiku

Repetitive
re: the funky crossing over into mainstream house thing, I am informed by my Berlin sources that Villalobos dropped D Malice - Gabryelle Refix at some indeterminate point last Sunday afternoon at Berghain. Not that ground breaking I suppose, but I sure would have liked to have been there.

franz

so it looks like i missed the chance to dl from soundcloud... anyone catch the mixes from Julio Bashmore or Scratcha DVA? possibility of throwing them up again elsewhere?