Simon78

Just uploaded a 45 minute UK Funky mix here

Loads of dubs from Spooky, few of Slackk's new tunes, some XTC and some Lil Silva as well.

Simon78

Cheers for the feedback.

@samdiamond I think I have posted this on here before but it took me ages to find a copy of Functions on Da D-Low. I offered someone £40 for a copy and then got one from Discogs a few weeks later for £6.

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
I watched ebay for the better part of two years. Finally came on, from some n00b ebay user :) who misspelled Ruff Sqwad (Rough Squad) and didn't include 'Grime' or 'Wiley' or whatever. Was the only bidder and got it for 7.99 (had my maximum bid at 25). Did a little dance when the auction ended :).

benjybars

village elder.
I watched ebay for the better part of two years. Finally came on, from some n00b ebay user :) who misspelled Ruff Sqwad (Rough Squad) and didn't include 'Grime' or 'Wiley' or whatever. Was the only bidder and got it for 7.99 (had my maximum bid at 25). Did a little dance when the auction ended :).

ahhh, the badly listed rare record...

:)

samdiamond

yeah i'm watching it on discogs but there are 32 others, a few of whom are mates of mine, it's gonna be nuts when someone puts one up! Yeah a nightmare with the listing! Noone seems to have a clue what to list it as, always ruff sqwad/rough squad/ruff squad OR XTC and the name always varies slightly. I'll keep persevering with discogs and ebay though. There isn't much I wouldn't do to own that record.

Simon78

Thanks Andy.

It is definitely XTC and he did that funky remix in my mix as well, but yeah it does get listed as Ruff Sqwad/Ruff Squad. Keep an eye on DNR Vinyl they sometimes get it.

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0p5k2t

Funkystepz remix of SLK - Hype Hype. First impressions are that it's good rather than great, but still worth a listen. Gumdrops, Dan etc don't sleep on this one. :)
Random nice little nuum-ish fact: Scrufizzer the grime MC is also part of the Funkystepz team. Possibly everyone else already knows this, but I only found out last night.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Alex - been listening to those 2 mixes you linked to on and off over the last couple of days, like them a lot, the 2nd one especially I reckon works really well: has a nice flow to it + you and Ricky clearly really know house music. So big thanks as usual for sharing.

Simon - I can appreciate that you prob get fed up with people asking questions like this, but do you know if Spooky has plans to release any of his Funky productions? Some of them are really excellent.

Simon78

Simon - I can appreciate that you prob get fed up with people asking questions like this, but do you know if Spooky has plans to release any of his Funky productions? Some of them are really excellent.

I don't mind, yeah as Sectionfive says he is giving some out in a bit. Candy Floss is a really good tune and so is Carnival Hype, not sure what the others are like. I will post the link when its up.

He hasn't got any of the ones I played signed up and I have had them for about a year and a half I think. I have got some more as well so I will do another mix with the rest of them on there.

That Malibu Beach tune always goes down really well and I think it would sell?

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
I don't mind, yeah as Sectionfive says he is giving some out in a bit. Candy Floss is a really good tune and so is Carnival Hype, not sure what the others are like. I will post the link when its up.

He hasn't got any of the ones I played signed up and I have had them for about a year and a half I think. I have got some more as well so I will do another mix with the rest of them on there.

That Malibu Beach tune always goes down really well and I think it would sell?

Thanks, I just dowloaded the zip files you linked to in the Grime thread. Working my way through it, again there's some excellent stuff. Candy Floss is def a tune I would be keen to play, obv it's a little bit faster than most other things I'm playing just now, but in terms of the drum patterns and the mood it fits well.
Yeah Malibu Beach is a nice tune too, I'm sure plenty of people would pick it up if it did come out.