grime tapes upload thread

bun-u

Trumpet Police
ha - both the roll deep and ruff sqwad ones are from my tapes, that was the recording that got me into ruff sqwad and I think the titch one pre-dates the conflict dvd by about a week...I'll have to upload the nasty ones luka swapped with me to exchange the compliment

luka

yes dave! i was wondering where that set came from, i couldn't remember it at all. glad we solved the mystery. i didn't listen to rinse much in those days.
dont bother uploading the nasty sets, theres a decent chance mososes will do them. but itd be good if you do that war tape cos i made that for you and maybe one other person and i dont have a copy.

Last edited:

dj karnage and danny weed - rinse fm - discarda, scratchy, jamakabi, wiley, breeze, dizzee, crazy titch, few others. dizzee and titch go back to back near the end. they mention that the second eskimo dance is coming up so this was from just before that.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w1mpxjgmjy8

this set is so hype - the dizzee titch clash is too much (crazy titch says hes videoing it - this could be the set thats on crazy times dvd)

dizzee murks it but crazy titch is amazing aswell - riddim selection is just sick - theres one that comes in about 5mins30 seconds that ive never heard at all and is totally mesmeric, danny weed drops it, he must have such an archive.

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
Sets are absolutely sick, gave me flashbacks to scouring Kazaa light and the old rwd forum for sets (checking every Monday mornings for the uploads of Sundays).

drilla

The first set is amaazing. I don't know much about grime, but this is the kind I like. Stuff I've heard from 2005 and up sounds too normal/hip hop. What happened?

luka

msoes i just realised you left the icerink tape. thats a good tape they play one of my favourite roll deep ones... same beat, two versions, one with wiley, jet li, breeze (bad manners cos im from a bad manor) one with j2k... this is me....
plays fix up look sharp, one of the first times i heard that too...
some amazing instrumentals too, plus a few people in the studio, karnage, wiley, strider, all in one (gun butt kid its the gun butt kid), flow dan, gods gift, loads of people...
grab that one next time ....

Last edited:

msoes

i do have a wiley ice rink one on raw mission i think, he plays 12 versions of ice rink back to back. no mcs though.

but yes i will grab that next time

luka

your doing great work msoses my son.... im grateful.
now which ones going to be next man? i can't take the suspense, im all excited and that.

luka

background information-randy c is the greatest radio host of all recorded time. better even than people like frisky from de ja, jinx from kool and ez from the old garage station whose name i've forgotten.
he's one of the most cockney men alive. he has a great voice. he seems like he drinks about 500 red bulls a day. i always thought he was white but my mate used to be on his station (rawmish) and hes black. he was a leading figure in pirate radio but unfortunately kept getting sent to prison. he may well have run flava as well as raw mission, but don't quote me on that.
im pretty sure he's a stratford boy, but he might not be. hes not a grime dj so don't download this thinking you'll here a grime set and then get all upset. he plays whatever records are getting a big response at the time.
i like it when he sings along to r&b records. i insisted msoses made this tape into an mp3 cos it concerns me that not enough people know about randy. he is a god among men. please download this and listen. it will make you happier.

CombinedHarvest

Vulgar and ignorant
This is momentous. I have little to offer, but so much to beg for. msoes, indescribable props for the randy c link. Do you, or anyone, have much in the way of Raw/RawMissh or even RawFlex recordings from '99-2003? I will do a paypal transfer of £bare for those 'hour of power' Sunday night sessions. Pec, Twozer, Dj Rapid, Garmesy, Cut-Ice, Sparkler B and Dextrous, Breakbeat Crew, Sloth and Sly, Ryder, Jigi Jigi Juvenile etc etc would easily change my life. Plus, can I implore anyone to upload some classic Heartless sets from the Mission, Freek or even Y2K era. A number of years back I went travelling with all my tapes and they got nicked and I never recovered even slightly.