When did dubstep lose the plot?

when did dubstep lose the plot?

• Total voters

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
The thing that puts me about the most is dire production values of most of the artists/labels, it's not even an "interesting naive/D.i.Y" - its just really bad.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
i get about 4-6Gb a month, but in general stuff i go out and get is usually more likely to be worth playing than stuff that comes at random.

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
i get about 4-6Gb a month, but in general stuff i go out and get is usually more likely to be worth playing than stuff that comes at random.

Wow that's a lot of stuff, I guess the hit rate would be pretty low but still that's loads more than I thought it would be.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden

See also Woofah review stuff.

I think I might start reviewing the PR'ed guff I get sent on my blog REALLY FUCKING HONESTLY so some of them just go away...

Yeah that thread was rather good up to page 10 when people started slagging off blackdown at random and for no discernable reason other than that he has taste and they don't.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Yeah that thread was rather good up to page 10 when people started slagging off blackdown at random and for no discernable reason other than that he has taste and they don't.

Having read the thread, it's only one person really who's having a go (and who seem to be missing the point drastically), and to be fair there are lots of people sticking up for Blackdown.

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
See also Woofah review stuff.

I think I might start reviewing the PR'ed guff I get sent on my blog REALLY FUCKING HONESTLY so some of them just go away...

Why tho Paul, you may as well spend time reviewing/finding shit you like and like Martin does for his show, the internet doesn't need another "fooker" saying everythings crap :)

mms

sometimes
Having read the thread, it's only one person really who's having a go (and who seem to be missing the point drastically), and to be fair there are lots of people sticking up for Blackdown.

true, they're alarmingly stupid people those two.

alex

Do not read this.
So what is everyones opinion on dubstep coming into the winter season?

I remember when it was at its hardest in winter, skream's shows were so heavy back then, like the mala b2b skream b2b chef set, that was hard..

and also, remembering even further back (dont worry I havent forgot to upload the sets, I am having trouble finding the hard drive they were stored on :-(-), but the 2004 Hatcha & Crazy D sets always used to get me going, used to love the progression of the sound back then.

Also, listening to Yunx 2004/5 sets, I remember why I thought it was so fucking sick in the 1st place

(can always remember Confrence into Root)

unclerico

true, they're alarmingly stupid people those two.

they are the pits

the thing that really gets me, apart from the fact that they are major tools is that 'surface tension' has this massive bitter thing about what he perceives to be the 'croydon elite'. he accused people on dissensus on one of his spam threads of only liking dubstep that comes out of croydon too (!) in response to the press release hall of shame mention

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
There's simple solution for Martin or anyone else if they're ever feeling angry with Surface Tension - just go and read that press release again! Pure comedy genius every time. :D

Tanadan

likes things
Also, listening to Yunx 2004/5 sets, I remember why I thought it was so fucking sick in the 1st place

(can always remember Confrence into Root)

I would love to hear Youngsta mixing Conference into Root - if you could upload a set with that in it I would be truly grateful. All I've got from 04/05 is that one set Blackdown hosts on his blog.

alex

Do not read this.
certainly^

Will do it when I go yard @ lunch!

edit** Its actually Confrence into Woman, which is probably one of the hardest mixes I have ever heard in my life, youngsta really is a don & for that, I have started uploding 2 other old youngsta sets...all of the 3 are 2005, will post soon

Last edited: